Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Cheddar Sausage

Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
edited 5:50PM in EggHead Forum
It's been raining here off and on for the last three weeks. I'm going stir crazy! So I decided to make some chicken sausages.
I broke down two chickens, boned the thighs and breasts.
DSC_5427.jpg
Ground it up, mixed it with,fresh thyme, red pepper, chives, capicola, feta and cheddar.
DSC_5429.jpg
DSC_5431.jpg
DSC_5433.jpg
DSC_5435.jpg
DSC_5436.jpg
Tomorrow the sun is supposed to shine
DSC_4406-Edit.jpg
·

Comments

• EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Lookin good Tim. Have been tempted to try sausage myself and actually discussed it about 2 hrs ago with the Mrs. Maybe now is the time after seeing your efforts. Thanx for the post. And yes the rain will stop. 103 here today and I would love some of your rain. :)
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    Oh Man, that's way too hot, I guess the rains not that bad.
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hi Tim, we had a perfect day today. a bit windy but no RAIN!! LOL nice looking sausage and if it tasted half as good :kiss: about how may did you get from the two birds? and what all did you add?
    ·
    Hey Julie, I got 10 links out of two birds, next time I would double the thighs and take out one breast though. I just put one Red Bell Pepper,2Tbs Thyme,4Tbs Chives,1/2C Capicola,2C Cheddar,1/2C Feta Salt and pepper.
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Those look very good. Best of luck with the sun. Hope it sticks around for you.
    ·
  • Nice!
    What size motor on that KA?
    ·
    Its got 350 watts, Ive had it for a long time now, it works just fine.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    That looks awesome. I've been contemplating getting the sauage grinder extension for our KA. Does it do a pretty good job?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • BBQRBBQR Posts: 68
    that looks really good!
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    wow that looks great.. so did 2 chickens turn out 6 sausages? or was that all you cooked and photographed?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    asked and answered! haha

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Wow!! Tim
    Those sausage look amazing
    This is going on the "to do" list :)

Shane
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Tim, really nice looking sausages!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·