Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wee preview of today's cook: the main players

Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
edited 9:32AM in EggHead Forum
Here's what I'm cooking today:

Picked up a 35 day dry-aged ribeye from the butcher yesterday. I think this was probably the most expensive single cut of meat that I've ever purchased outside of a restaurant, but what the heck right? It's a once a year time to indulge a little ;) (and not very often that my birthday also falls on father's day!)

IMG_5758.jpg

Then I asked him for a recommendation for a fishmonger ... he pointed out the window of his shop, across the parking lot, toward a red van. "Around here, if you want fresh seafood, always buy from the back of a van."

So I go over and got the last 3 diver scallops he had and a couple of tiger prawns to go with it.

IMG_5759.jpg
·

Comments