Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Keep Getting Logged Off

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited 4:05AM in Forum Feedback
I am having a recurring problem, I keep getting logged out of the forum while online at other websites. I have to login each time I come back to the forum, and my normal settings to view are messed up each time. Cooknbiker is having this same problem. Help, please?
·

Comments

• I would really appreciate it. It has been days, and no response.
    ·
  • Still waiting for help here. Thanks.
    ·
  • WMKWMK Posts: 1,747
    Florida Gillin Girl,

This sounds like a "cookie" issue.

The forum, like other sites, uses a "cookie" to keep track of who is logged in and
    who is not. A cookie is stored locally on your computer by your browser and examined by the forum to determine your login status.

A cookie can be removed or replaced while visiting other sites, though they are named based upon domain name to avoid this possibility.

You might try checking "remember me" the next time you log in -- that may keep the cookie from being deleted or recreate automatically.

You should also ensure that your cookie security settings are not "too tight".
    ·
  • Thank you, WMK. I had no idea I had tight cookies! I will look into it.
    ·