Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Fathers day to all and for us out here...

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

It's snowing. Well raining very hard down here, and 30 minutes east, SNOW. Further up in the mountains they are forecasting 17 to 24 inches of snow. July is only 11 days away.

We are eggn't chicken thighs today, evidently in the rain.

Happy Fathers Day, hope everyone has a great day.

GG

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Snow??? dang, my ac hasn't shut off in 4 months :ohmy:
  • Grandpas Grub

Pretty unusual out here this time of year. There are some road areas that still have up to 20' of snow on the side of the roads. Usually by the 4th of July most of the mountains are accessible/campable but this year is a lot different.

We are only up to 51° right now and the furnace is cycling to keep us warm. Two days and we will be in the high 80's - according to the weather guessers.

Kent
  • SNOW :ohmy:
    Not fair!!!
    Send that moisture directly south!!

Have a great day with your family B)
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    You Too GG! I posted this line of Facebook for all the fathers that have passed, I hope you don't mind me highjacking your post with these thoughts.

"If roses grow in heaven Lord, then pick a bunch for me. Place them in my Dad's arms and tell him they're from me. Tell him that I love and miss him, and when he turns to smile, place a kiss upon his cheek and hold him for a while. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I Miss You So Much!"
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Yardawg
    Yardawg Posts: 16
    Happy Fathers Day

Hot and raining in Nashville.

We are egging country ribs today.
  • Grandpas Grub

We will be in the 80's in the next few days. Molly will be or should be getting this storm pretty soon. I haven't even got the hoses out for watering yet this year - nor have I put the winter coats away.

Egg'n in the rain today tough.

Be well. Kent
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Same to you. We had snow here in January. Paralyzed the Atlanta area... again. ;)
  • She had some T storms yesterday....we've had 100F + days past 6 weeks :pinch:
    Tomato plants going wild! WAY too hot this early B)
    Send moisture to finish off that big fire, please :unsure:
  • Grandpas Grub

Well said, thank you for posting.

We spend yesterday supporting 'Home Town Hero's cycle event. There was a week long cycle ride from Reno Nevada up to Salt Lake City, Huntsman Cancer Research Center. My eldest son hooked up for the last 140 mile leg.

The fundraiser event was to celebrate dads that have fallen/passed. The originator of the run is by a father who is fighting cancer and the event has grown to 140 riders supporting and helping raise funds for research and treatment. This is the first time I had gone to the finish line to welcome in the riders.

Getting to the finish line well before the riders came in we were able to meed some of the other people that this event was in honor for. There were two little twin girls about 4 to 5 years. It turned out that these two girls were grand daughters of the father talked about above. One of the twins lost a left leg and the other girl lost the right leg due to cancer.

What was amazing is that the with one of the girls the doctors were able to save the ankle of the infected leg, they took the ankle joint, reversed it and attached it to where the knee was. The operation was successful and sometime this summer she will, with a prosthetic lower leg & foot, she will be able to walk without a walker or crutches.

Truly a sad but wonderful day. Until yesterday I had never put much effort into these types of events and didn't realize how much they really help fight this disease.

All-in-all it was a great day and nice to celebrate dads, the survivors, the dad's fighting Cancer and those fathers that have fallen.

Again, thank you for your thoughts. Well said.

Kent
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hope you have a great day Kent. We did our egg cook yesterday with some friends. Left overs are most likely on our menu. :)
  • Grandpas Grub

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Eggn, breakfast, lunch and differ cuz it's fathers day and I can.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

We expect the snow out here, but not at this time of year. In the winter things begin to slow down after about 18" of snowfall, but not shut down. Schools will shut down if there is 24 to 36 inches.

3 times in my life we have had snow up to the eves of the house down here in the valley. Snow today and flooding tomorrow.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Come on out here, I'll cook for you. You better bring snow chains for the Harley though.

You guys have a good day.

Kent
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Ha! We want to ride so bad but, it's been a wash all weekend with thunder storms. I am watching the radar close because if this line of storms move out we may go for a ride. :)
  • Grandpas Grub

Wish I could send some rain your way. We have seen 1 or 2 days in the mid 80's but that's it. It has been a very cool/cold spring. The weather guessers are going to make up for it this week though. Some days in the high 80's. It won't be long and we will be seeing those triple digit days.

• transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Kent, this sounds like a great day to do some navel cleaning. Can I borrow your weed burner?
  • egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Well happy Father's day to you too. I am having the best Father's day ever. My two sons and lovely wife decided to spoil me with a new small. Been cooking on the large for years, but with the boys leaving for college they convinced my wife that the small would pay for itself in saved charcoal since it will only be the two of us. She didn't exactly fall for that, but I'm cooking on my new small tonight!

Ed
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Happy Fathers Day..

My sons a White Water Guide in Durango; they're loving all of these late snows. Works better for some than others...I would settle for some rain here.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • transversal
    Well, it's brutal where I am. It was bumpin 100 yesterday most of the day........humidity was sick. Walk outside and choke.....inhuman and unbreathable. Other than that, lovely down here. Happy Pappy's Day to all Pappies and to all lovely spouses who make Pappies Happy!!
  • Grandpas Grub
    :laugh: :laugh: anytime.

• Grandpas Grub

Can't get any better than getting an egg (anytime).

I have had a small for a year or two but have only used it 4 times. Got to change that.

Congratulations. Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

If I were younger, that job would be pretty nice. The rivers here are at max and plus some. One heck of a ski year and we are 280% of water fall so far this year.

Happy pop's day.

Kent
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Gonna be 103 here today, and a lot hotter if you're near any of the three major fires here. -RP
  • transversal
    I cannot imagine heat at that level. Felt 110 once when flying thru Phoenix.......2 hour layover at the Airport..........I don't know how people survive that.
  • transversal
    Happy fathers day to you friend. Hope your chicken comes out good. Headed to the grocery to get 2 small hens......love the way the Egg does them.
  • Grandpas Grub

Have a great day.

Kent
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I love this time of year, can't stand cold. -RP