Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New griddle, mini cook with scallops

Options
MusicMan78
MusicMan78 Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got the hankering for some scallops but was tired of the usual method of cooking. Did a little digging on the forum and found that a griddle was a good method.

Here are the raw's: 6 scallops, some clarified butter and a sweet potato getting happy with some sea salt and EVOO. There is a top sirloin around there somewhere too.

DSC00656.jpg

I'm using a 10 1/2 inch griddle I just bought from walmart for 15 bucks and the grid is raised with my mini woo.

DSC00658.jpg

Here they are at first flip. Found out that my grid doesn't sit level and need to find something to level it out. Color evened out after I flipped them again to finish them off.

DSC00659.jpg

This is the last pic, my wife was eating all the scallops while I was cooking the steak (and finishing the sweet potato). By the time the steak was done the feeding frenzy was in full force and nothing left to see but empty plates!

DSC00660.jpg

Comments

• outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    neat cook..

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    I too have a real hankering for scallops, bought some diver scallops today. Really looking forward to cooking them tomorrow!

Yours look excellent ... mouth watering infact :D
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Dave, those are great pictures! Looks like a killer meal.

But what is the red thing under the griddle? Doesn't look like part of the mini woo.
    Judy in San Diego
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Perfectly cooked scallops!

Clarified butter really does make a difference when cooking on a griddle over higher heat like that, doesn't it?
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • MusicMan78
    MusicMan78 Posts: 182
    Options
    @ Judy, The red thing is my copper permatex gasket that I had to install after my first mini pizza cook fried the felt one!

@ Nibble, I found out the hard way with some mushrooms and high heat that regular butter will BURN!
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    All looks great. I have the same problem with my griddle. Its was an easy way to find out my patio is not close to level.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Really nice scallops!! :woohoo: Have to try them like that in my cast skillet. What did they set ya back?
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    Food looks great!
    My lodge griddle does not heat evenly either. Not sure what the problem is.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's real nice! Simple is best!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,532
    Options
    Hey Molly, are you gonna update us on the wedding cook?
    Gary
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Uploading ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Nice cook, all loks good :) I have the same problem with finishing pics, the feeding frenzy starts as soon as I raise the dome, sometimes I think if I wasn't wearing heavy gloves I would lose a hand :laugh: