Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Demo cook in Plano

Options
SWOkla-Jerry
SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hornhonk and I cooked up some Italian Sausage, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast dusted with Cluck and Squeak rub, and some Pork Tenderloins from Sam's rubbed with DizzyPig Hawaiian Pineapple. Very HOT here in Texas today, we had the mister going. Alex and his crew sold some Eggs and all is good. Enjoyed the day while Teresa shopped. Very good dealer, Elliot's Hardware, if you are looking for expert advise and suppplies, and definately takes care of the lifetime warranties. Can't say enuff about Elliots. See Ya all again in Plano first weekend in Nov '11.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Hey Jerry!

Glad you & the Hornhonk could be out in public and not get into trouble! :lol:

a pic or 3 wouldn't have hurt ya know . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    The people at Elloits are righteous people. When we urban pioneer our first house (built 1928) Lloyd would would live there. Old man Elloit would just laugh at Lloyd, shake his head saying he had not seen that item since before the war (WW2), then go rummage in the attic and find exactly what Lloyd needed. The only thing Lloyd mourned the lose over in our many moves was Elloits and his John Deere tractor (shed big alligator tears when the new owner drive off with it).
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Sorry Dan, it was really an impromptu event, didn't even bring a camera. Was here in Plano to handle a little warranty issue and got roped into cooking...lol. But it was fun.
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Good story Joan. Hope to meet you at a Salado or Athens eggfest next year. Teresa and I will be here in Plano, 11/4 and 11/5, for there next eggfest.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    For sure we will meet in Plano this fall. After todays cook in Holland TX and the fest at lake Travis Lloyd and i are hooked on this cooking for fun.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Thanks for your help today, Jerry. It was as hot as hot can be today but we survived. I had fun until I started roasting. Five hours on concrete with a blazing sun and 104 degrees..plus being two feet away from two roaring eggs. Lots of laughs! :woohoo:
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    Why, oh, why am I feeling so neglected? After all, I did stop by to say "hi"!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    You were a breath of fresh air, Jeri! :laugh: