Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Flat

Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Egged up a 6 pound choice brisket flat tonight that I picked up at the local grocer for an embarassing 5.50/lb :blush: . Those things are worse than pork butts on pricing this year. I had to have it though, as I usually can't find them that heavy around here. It was real uniform in thickness, which is what I like. I rubbed it with Plowboys Bovine Bold Rub (first time use). Put it on the large at 250 dome and I think it went around 7 hours. Glazed it right before finish and snapped a few photos before foiling it for a 30 minute rest. Outstanding! Very moist and extremely tender. I was shooting for it to pull almost like pork, and that's very very close to what it did. On a another note, I am the proud owner of a brand new XL egg that I picked up Wednesday. Me and Gene are going to start it off right, with a load of chicken or ribs next Saturday for the Best Buckin BBQ comp in Athens, Al. This gives us the opportunity to use two XL's during comps. We are very excited! Hope all has a great evening!
Trimmed
IMG_8516-1.jpg
Rubbed
IMG_8518.jpg
Rubbed
IMG_8540.jpg
On the large
IMG_8521.jpg
Glazed
IMG_8529.jpg
Waiting on the knife
IMG_8541.jpg