Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry age ribeye question

Options
Eggerman1
Eggerman1 Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just found a new butcher that had dry aged beef, looks awesome!

Will it cook differently than regular ribeyes (faster slower, etc)?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Yes - it will cook faster, but your best bet is to cook to temp, not to time. BTW here's two New York strips that I'm egging tonight that I had dry aged 35 days and then froze. These are the only ones remaining from the 12# sub-primal I aged so I know this will be a great feast as the previous ones were wonder-bars!
    IMG_2238.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It cooks the same. Season with salt only beforehand - you don't want to cover up that nice meaty flavor with rubs or marinades.

The reason for the triple post is you hit the back arrow button after posting. You can go and edit the other two posts, put n/m in the title box if you want. Get in the habit of hitting "return to index" instead of hitting the back arrow button. Hope this helps.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini