Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Anniversary

Options
smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's our anniversary today. We are actually going out for dinner. Something we haven't done since my egg arrived last December. I'll probably order pasta or something. My expectations have changed a bit.
Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Congratulations (and sorry you have to go out), how many years?

• smbishop
    Options
    11 - and two wonderful daughters. A few hours without them will be ok. :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    happy anniversary :) have a nice dinner out and enjoy! that is hard to do now with having the egg though LOL but that is OK we all try it once or twice LOL
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

#40 is right around the corner for us, 5 married children and 17 grand kids with hopes of a few more. The herd is getting pretty big out here. Kept telling my wife it's the milk mans fault, OUCH!!! She just hit me. Hate it when she reads over my shoulder.

GG
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Scott. :)
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Happy Anniversary. Hope you enjoy you evening.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! An evening out with your sweetie, someone else to do all the cooking and cleaning - I'm sure you will have a nice time. The egg will be there tomorrow... ;)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Felicidades Scott. Happy anniversary
  • Seattle Todd
    Seattle Todd Posts: 227
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Scott!

Sorry I missed you at the PNW EggFest! I literally came down with food poisoning or 24 hour flu the morning of. I was 1/3rd of the way down from Mill Creek, WA and decided to turn around. :sick:

Hey dining out isn't so bad as long as you go somewhere that does things that aren't so easy or better to do on the BGE. For instance next time you have a really, really special occasion and don't mind dropping some dough go to Cafe Juanita in Kirkland. You can thank me later. B)
  • smbishop
    Options
    Sorry we missed you as well...I brought my 4 year old assistant with me. She had a great time! Yep, we have been to the Cafe Juanita a few times. I won't be attempting their cuisine anytime soon on the Egg...

My mom lives up in Mill Creek, so I am up there quite a bit...

Scott
  • smbishop
    Options
    Thanks everyone! We enjoyed our dinner, it was nice not having to do the cooking or the dishes this time! :laugh: