Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork's On

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two BGE's. Large and the newly named medium, little B****! :whistle: :laugh:
Both filled to the gills.

WeddingCookHolly61711-67lbs001.jpg

Large Marge

WeddingCookHolly61711-67lbs004.jpg

Little B****

WeddingCookHolly61711-67lbs009.jpg

Had to force both lids down. Temps are not really reading right because of the amount of swine up in the dome's.
This is where I will trust my settings. Yep, since this is for the crowds, I'll be checking all night.
Fun, fun!!
Still ignoring the shucking.... :whistle:
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Have a great cook sista. ;)

I'm sure everyone will enjoy you eats. :P
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    I'll sing "Jive Talkin" for ya :whistle:
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Just for reference, how many pounds are your butt's Molly? ;):)

But seriously how much pork is that?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Looks like you are in for a long night but I'm sure you will be fine.
    I think I mentioned before, but you can just grill the corn in the husks, the the folks shuck ther own, the silks come off easy when they are cooked. :)
    Good luck with the project :cheer:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,513
    Options
    Molly, looks like fun indeed, don't drink too much though :lol: now go shuck the corn!
    Gary
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Well these are picnic's. Hear they are a drag to pull. Total poundage on labels was 66. I lent my scale to my Dad so I can't weigh the final pull.
    Pey to the BBQ God's for me. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Naw, to sloppy for a wedding. I'll shuck and cut for ease.
    Thanks Frank.
    Major T-storms coming through now......but of course... :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Looking good Molly. Hope you have a loud alarm!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks Teresa.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Good luck tonight, Molly! I know it will go well.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Tim.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    In the morn Gary... :whistle: ...hic... :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks dawling! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Looks like you got this thing whooped. A bottle of red eye and some cold beer and you are in for a good night. Lookin forward to the finished pics. :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ha, me hope's so Bruce. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    AAAHhhh Molly :) I will be thinking of you all night LOL I am up and down a couple of times a night with the oldest dog LOL if I was there I could check it for you.. have fun and keep us posted
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

What a project. Good cooking there Molly. If I were closer I would be helping you shuck.

Speaking of Large Marge (not your egg) I have seen a post from her in a long, long time.

Have a good night.

Kent
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Best to you my friend, hope that all goes well. Still everybody needs a shuckin' report, maybe by mid week.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Julie.
    Wish you were here.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Large Marge is Joe, a man. FYI. He and I LOVE Pee Wee Herman!!!!
    He's around. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Shut up Ed. I'll get on it in the morn. The gig isn't till 4....geese.... :laugh:
    Look then, kay?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I knew I should have change that. Is Joe still around?

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Great lookin' pig. However, Darlin', whenever you post, I can't help but thinking of.... Coming your direction next month...if it's not all burnt up.

BuddyLawn

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Good luck Molly...I know it will come out great... ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Such beautiful pictures Mike!!
    Let me know when you come my way.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'm sure he is. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'm hoping.. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Lookin good Molly! Have a good night. :)

Blair

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    You're in my thoughts Molly!!! It's going to be just fine! The butts (?) will shrink up in no time, and you can reposition. Soooo....corn shucked??? :huh: :laugh: