Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin

Options
GrillDaddy
GrillDaddy Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a nice 4 LB Beef Tenderloin Roast

Any suggestions on Cooking instructions? temps and I planning on Indirect cooking

how about how long to marinade?

any other info

Thanks

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Are you going to cut into steaks or grill the whole loin?. For steaks I grill direct at 550/600 to an internal temp around 130/135. I let rest for 10 minutes. For a whole loin I sear at 600/650 then cook indirect to same internal temp. I let the temp come down to 450/500. Good luck to all.
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    For a tenderloin roast, I prefer to cook it indirect at 250-275f until it hits 125f internal. Then open up the Egg and let it get scortching hot so you can do a reverse sear at the end.

Also, I like to serve mine with some extra flavor like a port wine reduction, bearnaise sauce, or marasla sauce.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • MeatEater
    MeatEater Posts: 22
    Options
    I just did a tenderloin last week. Hot tubed for an hour, the scorching hot egg and seared direct. For this I just rolled every few minutes. Pulled after the whole loin was seared, and let the egg temp come down to 325. Then I threw the beef back on for maybe, and I mean maybe 10 to 15 mintues, until the internal temp was 125 to 130. Was absolutley the best tenderloin I have ever eggperienced!