Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about building a table

Options
windnsea26
windnsea26 Posts: 159
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi
I'm thinking of building a table before my egg arrives next week so I can start cooking on it right away and found some plans here: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/tableplans/tableplans.pdf

Is it accurate enough I can build it based on what is said or should I wait for the egg to arrive first?
San Diego, CA

Comments

• BigDaddy65
    BigDaddy65 Posts: 27
    Options
    No need to wait. Very accurate just remember if you are using dimensional lumber to adjust your measurements.
  • eggtopia
    eggtopia Posts: 91
    Options
    I built mine before I got the egg. Like you, I just wanted to be able to drop it in when I got the egg. This helps save money by not needing the nest.

Like BD says, you need to be careful with the dimensions of the lumber. For instance his legs are 2x4 which measure 2" by 4". But if you go to HD and get a 2x4 it will not measure 2"by 4". Just dry fit everything before drilling.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    The plans are accurate. I made my hole a little bigger for more clearance, about 21.5"
    One thing to watch, you want 15" from the bottom of the egg [or the green feet you sit it on] to the top of the top shelf. If you are inlaying a pc of slate or whatever flush with the the bottom shelf then 15" shelf to shelf is fine, but if you just want to set a paver on the shelf and the egg on that you need to space the shelves out by the tickness of the paver, i.e. 2" paver, 17" between shelves. Otherwise your egg will wind up pretty high. That's not a problem either if you are 6'6" or so :P :lol:
    Good luck!