Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bicycle Fans - A Fine Story For You

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Everyone on the Forum knows me as Spring Chicken, but I also have a regular name, Leroy McMillin.

A few years ago I began the arduous task of tracing my ancestry. It wasn't long before I discovered that the name "McMillin" by any other of hundreds of spellings comes from the same family line. Well, that opened up a flurry of new searches and I eventually traced us back 2,000 years to a small area in what is now Spain. The Romans forced many to flee and some ended up in Ireland and Scotland.

In all my reading, one remarkable story was a pleasant surprise. It seems that one of my ancesters invented the bicycle.

His story is an interesting one.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/comflex/mcmillan/DevilonWheels.htm

You're welcome.

Spring "Inventor Without An Idea" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Now that is just too cool. What region of spain?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thank you. I thought so too.

Here's my blog site on the geneology subject. It includes a map of the area in Spain.

http://catahoulamcmillins.blogspot.com/

Catahoula is the Parish in Louisiana where I grew up, as did at least two generations before me. It has quite a history in its own right. I was curious and started to see from whence I came...

My DNA is on file. I occasionally get a message saying there is a DNA match. Only once did one of the matches actually match almost exactly (63 out of 64 markers). I tried to contact the guy but never got a reply back. That close could almost be a long lost brother.

Interesting world we live in.

Spring "I Know Where I Came From But Not Where I'm Going" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA