Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Forum? Not going to happen!

2»

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Maybe I'm just old and cynical, but I'm not sure why I shouldn't think this post was a prank/joke after all that has gone on this past week.
    The Naked Whiz
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Well,

At least it is now apparent that BGE does indeed appreciate the value that this forum represents to them and to their customers; and, finally, BGE intends to support it the way it should have been supported all along.

The Millers created this forum back in the late 90s, when the Internet was relatively new, and not everybody had a website, much less an online community.

It is likely, though difficult to measure to what degree, that the forum has played a major role in the success of BGE as a product and as a company.

It is, however, quite clear that the forum has helped BGE a heck of lot more than BGE has helped the Millers who created it.

It could be that they have a plan to remedy this; though, I must admit, since they already have what they want, it might not be "good business". But perhaps it would be even better -- just plain "Good".
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

If this goes to the 'box' type sites it will be interesting to see if it will grow the 'family feel'.

All those questions asked over and over and over brings new people into the family. Once in a while one of those posts will come up with a different or unique idea which happens often in this poor UI environment.

Hope to see you in the Pulled Pork box, or maybe in the Pizza box, or maybe in the gasket box, or maybe in...

As and example it's like some of the folks in Cali living with all the screwed up regulations encroaching on their lives. Tired of the regulations they move to a more independent life style like Texas.

Now those transplants begin to make the new environment like what they just left. After some time they wonder why Texas isn't the same as it was when they first moved there.

The 'box' forum formats do have their advantages. I'm looking forward to an improved format that will promote/retain some of existing 'forum feel'.

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    are you trying to say the other format blows? If so, I agree
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • JudyFoodie
    JudyFoodie Posts: 124
    Thank-you BGE! Now I can unblock that time I had set aside to copy Grandpa's key tips for egg users and some of my fav recipes. I will be forever grateful to the Miller family for all their hard work...truly exceptional.
  • Grandpas Grub

:laugh: potential for it anyway.

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    But what will we **** about now???? :blush: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub

Pat a quick question non egg...

I am going over to an elderly neighbors to help out with some tasks they can't do. One is their shower, tileand grout. The shower like the inside of a dirty fish aquarium. A lot of 'scum'. What are some chemicals that would clean that stuff off without too much risk for me and whoever I can get to help out.

I was thinking muriatic acid but that might going a bit too far in such an enclosed area.

Kent
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    I had the same thoughts at TNW
    context is important :)
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    I've been visiting some forums on other subjects lately and they seem to be a little too specific. I agree Zip, It has a lot of suck potential.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,164
    That's great news jo.........I mean, Number 5. :laugh: I'll say one thing : ya'll better not mess up my posting amount number! :ohmy: It took me years to get up to 5000 and I ain't lettin' that go without a fight......ya' hear?! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • LoisLane
    LoisLane Posts: 94
    That pic is just toooo funny ! That is the first thing I thought of when hubby asked me if I had seen the post by Number 5.

Thank you for letting us know the prior posts & recipes won't all go "poof" in the night. That is a relief. Whew.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Unless your use to working with acid in confined spaces I would avoid it even diluted. Just stick with the over the counter lime away, soap scum remover etc,,,, with a stiff brush and some elbow grease. Never mix a scale remover with a mildew remover, think mixing acid and chlorine :ohmy:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Let me be the first to thank you for all that you've done for this forum. -RP
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    A rousing "second" to that note of appreciation! :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    "third"

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Grandpas Grub
    Thanks Pat will give it a try. Chemicals are easy elbow grease is tough... :)

Kent
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I look forward to your posts as well. Oh wait, I have already seen the same pictures 14,287 times.
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks for the credit but I don't have that many posts even if one counted the posts before the forum change.

Anyway, here is a hint you possibly have not thought of. Don't open them as they are not meant for those who know everything. And to save you some time, I suppose you don't open them anyway.

Just helping the newer folks who don't know everything.

Be well my friend and have a good weekend.

Kent
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Well I had the 14K right anyway. :)
    FTR....I know far from everything.
    You have a good weekend also.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I can't count. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ...Thanks for being there for us and The Millers.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Signal 99
    Signal 99 Posts: 59
    Glad the disruption in the "Force" has passed.
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    vidalia1 wrote:
    Number 5 is a key member of the BGE management in Tucker, GA. If she says it...you can count on it. :)

Great thanks for the verification. ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Many thanks, Number 5, for finally clarifying corporate's position on this issue. As you are probably well aware by now, rumors have been running rampant for the last few days, and speculation was leaning toward the worst case scenario. Hopefully, the soon-to-be updated forum will address all of our concerns and we can finally put this issue to bed.

We bought our first egg on a whim, and had it not been for this forum, we would never had figured out how to cook on our BGE. So, many thanks to all who helped us out on our learning curve! Which, I might add, coupled with our attendance at a couple of fests, led to our purchase of a 2nd EGG and many new friendships with other Eggheads!

Jeri & Cary
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I'll second that Randy.