Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Okra, Yes, It Works!

2»

Comments

• I knew you would like it, Molly!
    ·
  • EgglecticEgglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    n/m
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    and we love it too! Yours looks great. Would have posted a pic of ours from Sunday, but something is quite wrong with Photobucket.... :(
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,289
    I'm trying pb also.....grrr :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Thanks, Elzbth. PB is working OK for me. That site has it's ups and downs. I wish we could come up with something easier for all of us.
    ·
  • Of course it works, Faith...did some with many other veggies at the 1st Plano Outlaw Gathering :whistle:
    Why don't you come down this Fall? First weekend in November :)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I have.YUMMEE! ;) Got 10 rows of them. :laugh: ;)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Miss Faith,The BEST okra is about the length of your middle finger and about the same diameter.If it gets bigger it has a tendencey to get stringy and tough.
    ·
  • Very nice ! I love Okra also, but that slimy feeling is weird....
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Oh man that looks amazingly good. Gonna try it this summer. Thanks Faith!
    ·
  • No slime, Da Kine Green BBQ. That is why I posted the close-up cut pic of the okra.
    ·
  • Now you're talkin Faith!
    ·
  • Thanks, Scotty! Hope you are well.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    How was the Garbonzo bean? ;)
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    I'll be right over for the rest of that steak :woohoo:
    ·
  • Phillsgrill, the garbanzo bean never made it on the plate. Thanks for asking!
    ·
  • Pat, what makes you think there was the rest of the steak? Come on over, I will egg you a new one!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Should I bring a jackhammer or earmuffs? :laugh: Hope they finish soon. Boat service go okay?
    ·