Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Okra, Yes, It Works!

2»

Comments

• I knew you would like it, Molly!
    ·
  • EgglecticEgglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    n/m
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    and we love it too! Yours looks great. Would have posted a pic of ours from Sunday, but something is quite wrong with Photobucket.... :(
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    I'm trying pb also.....grrr :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Thanks, Elzbth. PB is working OK for me. That site has it's ups and downs. I wish we could come up with something easier for all of us.
    ·
  • Of course it works, Faith...did some with many other veggies at the 1st Plano Outlaw Gathering :whistle:
    Why don't you come down this Fall? First weekend in November :)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I have.YUMMEE! ;) Got 10 rows of them. :laugh: ;)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Miss Faith,The BEST okra is about the length of your middle finger and about the same diameter.If it gets bigger it has a tendencey to get stringy and tough.
    ·
  • Very nice ! I love Okra also, but that slimy feeling is weird....
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Oh man that looks amazingly good. Gonna try it this summer. Thanks Faith!
    ·
  • No slime, Da Kine Green BBQ. That is why I posted the close-up cut pic of the okra.
    ·
  • Now you're talkin Faith!
    ·
  • Thanks, Scotty! Hope you are well.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    How was the Garbonzo bean? ;)
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I'll be right over for the rest of that steak :woohoo:
    ·
  • Phillsgrill, the garbanzo bean never made it on the plate. Thanks for asking!
    ·
  • Pat, what makes you think there was the rest of the steak? Come on over, I will egg you a new one!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Should I bring a jackhammer or earmuffs? :laugh: Hope they finish soon. Boat service go okay?
    ·