Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

salmon, tuna, avocados

deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cooked some fresh salmon with olive oil and dizzy pig raging river and shakin the tree and some tuna with soy and sesame seeds along with a couple avocados with olive oil and shakin the tree. made some potatoes and onions with some olive oil, garlic and simply marvelous season all. i'm stuffed.....

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

014-1.jpg
whoops.

012-2.jpg

thanks for looking!

Comments

• c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Looks awesome! Never tried the grilled avocado. Its on my to do list now!
  • SheepDog
    SheepDog Posts: 176
    The beer looks tasty...

So does the Tuna! ;)
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Tuna looks perfect!!! ;) What temp for the sear and how long on the tuna? We love avocado, but have never tried them any other way but chilled. Will be giving them a try on the egg after seeing yours.
  • deepsouth
    wkygriller wrote:
    Tuna looks perfect!!! ;) What temp for the sear and how long on the tuna? We love avocado, but have never tried them any other way but chilled. Will be giving them a try on the egg after seeing yours.

that was about 650 on the mini i did that. i'd say maybe 90 seconds per side. i put it on and watch it and when i see as much cooked as you see on the bottom, i flip and do the same to the other side.
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    woooow dude....
    veryyyyyyy veeeeeeeeeeery nice....
    avocado grilled...thats a new one...
    how where them?
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Tell us about the grilled avacado please. I never though of doing that.
    FYI, if you haven't tried it, a sliced tomato and some avacado are great on a fried egg and bacon sammich for breakfast, yuummieee! :cheer: Got it from Paula Dean, my ideal woman :P :ermm: Next to my beautiful bride, of course :cheer:
  • deepsouth
    i'm loving the grilled avocado right now. sometimes i peel them, sometimes i just cut them in half before i throw them on with a little olive oil and salt and pepper or olive oil and dp shakin the tree.

i think i'm liking them skin on right now.

i don't leave them on too long, long enough to warm them and get a bit of char.

i'd love for someone else on the forum to try them and report as i've come across a guy who tried it and said it dried them out????

matter of fact, i may start a thread about that....