Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Taking Guesses

cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
edited 2:08PM in EggHead Forum
I have a catering to do on Saturday. The not so wee lad finally returned my call to tell me he can not help like he said. I've got thoughts and words that I will not say here. :whistle: :angry:
Not happy to hear that.
I've got 85 ears of corn. I know my goal on the amount of time it will take me to shuck 'em all. The kid at the store gave me his. A few other chef friends gave me theirs.
What do you all think?

002-14.jpg

Needing help transporting in Colorado Springs... :whistle: :laugh:
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
·

Comments

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    40 minutes and sore hands.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    85 min's
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    You will do 20 per hour-3 min per-Sober
    13 per hour-for the first hour with wine-who cares after that!!

GOOD Luck Molly all my events are alot of work!! You will do great

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • misfitmisfit Posts: 358
    I will take the split. 30 minutes if you're not too fussy. 50 minutes to do a great job. I would help shuck and jive, my friend. B)
    ·
  • ShwiezzeeShwiezzee Posts: 304
    Ouch, I say hour twenty five. :blink:
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
    ·
  • wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
    I think Tony could be close, but if you consider what obstacles could pop up (responding to forum posts, phone calls, emptying the trash bag several times) I am guessing an hour 5 minutes. Now if the forum were to cease to exist during the shucking...3 days :lol:
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Molly, are you going to grill the corn?? If so, don't shuck it at all, snip off the tassles, soak the ears in a tub of water for an hour, then grill them, 350ish for 30-40 min, good stuff! Wish We could come help you! ;) ;)
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    No grilling the corn. Keeping it simple. 65 pounds of pork will be on by 3ish friday afternoon. Wedding at 4 on Saturday.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • 21 minutes max
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    Time to send them back and get canned. :(
    Will it help if I tell you we all miss you.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Chop off the ends and throw it in the oven to roast.30-40 mins at 350.Let em shuck their own. ;) If ya gotta boil it :sick: ,go ahesd.30 mins to shuck,tops.Don't worry bout the silks.Whoever eats the most corn eats the most silks. :laugh: ;) Tell em it's "RUSTIC" corn!!! :)
    ·
  • One beer per 10 ears of corn + 2 shots Limoncello when job completed :woohoo:
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Grill entact, peel when done. Shuck time Zero. Just like peel and eat shrimp. Enjoy. :)
    ·
  • one hour and 3 minutes.
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    1 hour for shucking, should be a 2 beer job, add 20 minutes for beers,total time 1:20!!
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    3 pulls per ear, so that's about 15 seconds each.
    Now the math: 15 sec x 85 corn = 1275 seconds or 21.15 minutes. Should be no problem :laugh:
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I think you have it about right Kari, I was thinking along the same lines. :laugh:

Blair

·
  • Wait a second. If you got that many ears, why do you need to shuck the husks off? Just soak them in a bucket - er - probably more than one - for like an hour or 2, trim the ends - or leave them as-is, then pop them on the grill. I don't have too many pictures of this, but here is one, with some chicken going at the same time.

In the same time as you can drink, say 3 beers, they will be prepped.

2010_07_12102.jpg

If you want to serve them "all natural", leave the stem on, and leave the burnt husks on. For a more interesting way to serve, just peel the husk back, and don't take it off, since the husk becomes a handle -- you know, like they do at the county fair.
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Throw the corn over the fence. Go back to the store and buy a bunch of green bananas. They are easier to shuck.
    ·
  • You got some good answers, Molly. I would enlist your neighbors and knock it out in 1/2 hour. Good Luck and I hope you get some help with transport.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,204
    sandblaster.jpg

Run down to your local Harbor Freight, pick up an industrial sandblaster for $29.99; four minutes, tops!

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·