Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

gifts and moving the grits line north

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
figure i better make one last post before the apocolypse.. as some of you know i wanted to try real grits , not Quaker oats grits.. my buddy send me some aunt Jemima grits .. yep made by quaker oats .. some one in a pink polka dot apron found these, fresh ground that day, real down home grits while in georgia on her way to Egrets. .
good eats ..

8b87eac6.jpg

e8da30f2.jpg

8f657b62.jpg

cb03e42b.jpg

6500db8e.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nice looking treat. I like to mix them with some cheese, place in a baking dish and cook 350ish for 20-30 minutes. Then serve hot or cool and slice and fry for breakfast. Like that stuff from PA? Scrapple?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: T.O.E. Jam!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey bill. Gotta love the T.O.E. Jam.

When I was a teenager I would go weeks before washing and get all the toe jam I wanted. I especially liked it on english muffins toasted just right. :laugh:
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    OMGosh!! I so seriously want some T.O.E. Jam!!

Most mills make both a yellow-speckled and white-speckled grits. Homemade apple butter on white-speckled grits for me, please!

I usually order online from the Logan Turnpike Mill.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Well, wasn't that nice of the polka-dotted friend! It looks like you are a true convert now!

I hope I still get to see you after the apocolypse!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    What'd you think?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    We'll make a southern redneck out of ya yet :laugh:
    Need to talk to you if you want to make the mini fest B)
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Wow......lucky you, Bill! I love those grits! Their whole line of stone ground flours are way good as well! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    CUZ,...Dem is REAL GRITS! ;) Polenta is their lesser cousin! ;):)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    You ain't right! :laugh:
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Options
    That looks good!

I think I'll have to try them sometime. :)

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    "not Quaker oats grits.. my buddy send me some aunt Jemima grits .. yep made by quaker oats ." I got ya Ant Jamimma grits buddy!!! :whistle: :evil: Just got back from Bestro. Dixie grits with aundui and shrimps. Need me to send some flavor for your grits?!! :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    :laugh: just being goofy. :whistle: