Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who are the Millers you ask?

bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOW what a question. They are the purest form of LOVE! Bill Miller's concept is what you see today. It started with him and a few others, getting together at the VFW in Atlanta back in '98 with NO support and NO funding. He researched and found support to start the forum. Bill passed on 2/13/2000. David and Brenda Miller have been responsible for this forum since Bills passing. David has a day job and for the last 11 years, has volunteered his talents, time, and monies to this forum. In 2006, ownership of the domain, transferd to the BGE Corp for zero dollars. That means from a trademark perspective, BGE Corp owns all the content. BGE corp pays Miller House for the server bill and a small fee to do the admin. I pay more to have my lawn mowed than BGE pays Miller House for the work that David does! Brenda, that sweet woman, is the quintessential ambassador for the BGE Corp. She goes to as many fests as she possibly can, all to help promote the BGE. Talk to anyone that has met her. She is a dear, and extremely special woman! Now they are being thrown out with the trash. No thanks, no compensation, no nothing. You ask who are the Millers? They are family!
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    She has been a strong supporter for the BGE family since day one. I first met her in Ocala '06. Always looks like a BGE green Leprechaun in her great outfit.

Hope this can be worked out.
  • I have met Brenda at many fests. She arrives with all of her BGE decorated hats and clothing and there is no question that she is a huge ambassador of the Big Green Egg. I am very sorry this is happening to her and her family.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Sounds like they have been faithfully promoting the BGE until the BGE didn't need them any more.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thanks Tim for the overview. I had heard much of the same but in bits and pieces and not enough to put it all together.

To Brenda and David, a huge thanks from someone who has benefited in many ways from your efforts.

Kent
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Tim, you and Little Chef are well respected here, as I assume you are aware . Being that your words carry weight,and no offense intended, do you have facts to back up the claim of them being thrown out with the trash? So many rumors are flying around, it would be nice if we had some definative answers. Can you help us out?
  • bubba tim
    email me and I will give my cell number
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    email sent through the forum.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks Tim.It's a shame that so few of the members here actually know about the Miller family.I first met Brenda at Eggtoberfest '08'.Last year at the Sunshine State Eggfest,she pulled me to side to tell me how happy she was that I was able to make the trip to FL.She knew that some eggheads had gotten together to pay for my trip(as I am financially challenged) :( She was proud of the family that they had built.Anyway,I had the pleasure of talking to her again at the Ga Mountain Eggfest a few weeks ago.It really amazes me that she still finds the time,but she always makes everyone feel welcome.A big THANK YOU to the Miller family :) Here's a shot of Brenda and one of her awesome hats :woohoo:

058.jpg
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Tim, thanks for the information. Mike
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thanks Doug for posting the picture.

Kent
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Steve:

Plz email me the details.

Thanks, I am curious also!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Sparky olde boy :whistle::lol:

Whatz is the green thingy she is carrying?

Thanks!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    She really is a nice person Doug. I've seen her at every fest I've been to,, minus the mini.
  • "Sparky"
    Hey loco,that was one of the door prizes.Not sure what it was,as I had a beer or tw.... 15 :ohmy: :laugh:
  • "Sparky"
    She is truly "good peeps" :)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Tim Muchas Gracias, now I know what this is all about. Sorry to ask but is there anything we can do?
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    well shoot I have a nice pic of Brenda at the NH fest and photobucket is down. I will grab it later and share. Just a very good person with a big heart. I was floored the first time I met her ad she new who I was. I think that she has a good handle on just about anyone that is active on the forum. and cares, sincerely cares.
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Tim,

Thanks for posting this I truly had no clue.

To the Millers thank you so much for your dedication and all your hard work. I think about the thousands of hours over the years reading. Up at night with sick kids just can't sleep the forum was always here.

Thank you.

Jay

P.S. Karma has a funny way of saying hello. If the new management team doesn't recognize the strengths they already have. They will not be there that long!
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Thanks, Tim. I'm only around here about 6 months. the perspective is enlightening and makes the present occurences even more distasteful.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Here's a photo of a "Brenda Sandwich" with mad max and Woo:

IMG_1028.jpg
    The Naked Whiz
  • FlaPoolman
    Same here Julie,,, Da%m PB :angry:
  • FlaPoolman
    Brenda and Little chef last April

100_4699.jpg
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    The first time I met Brenda was 3 or 4 years ago in Atlanta. She walked up to me and said "Hello Hungryman". I didn't have a name tag on either, I checked. I was impressed that she took the time and knew who I was. I assume she probably reads about every post. She is a very nice person and I also met her brother a few times at the fests. The name is slipping me. I met him twice in Fl. He is also a nice person.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    As a newbie here I want to say thank you for all the hard work that has been put into this forum. It is much appreciated. Thank you the Millers..
  • bubba tim
    Nothing..
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Tim,

Thanks for the information.

She was at the eggfest in April and donated something... I don't remember the exact the details but I wish I would know more back them.

Thanks Again.
    Marc
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Very nice post, Tim! I never met David but, I've had the great pleasure of spending some quality time with Brenda at several fests across the country from Florida to Waldorf to San Jose among others and she is a very dear and kind lady! :) We're all worried about what may happen to our family in the future, but we'll always be family...... ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Ever hear the term used by MANY successful people that "their success was only attained by standing on the shoulders of giants"? We may be a bunch of p*ss ants in this new dude's mind, but collectively we are far stronger and by far smarter than he will EVER be!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    $$$$$$$$, nuff said. :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    ED - WAKE UP! This guy is killing your life time work! Why don't you understand that?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.