Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Raised Grid?

crunkcrunk Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased a raised grid (BGE Brand) to do some direct cooks on and I have found that it seems very unstable and flimsy when i try to use it. I dont feel comfortable putting a lot of meat on it and overall it just seems cheap.

What kind of raised grids do you guys use and like?

Thanks in advance!

Crunk
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,503
    adjustable rig from the ceramic grill store, high quality setup
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    Just what fishlessman said.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Go to the Ceramic Grill Store site .....call Tom and ask for his advice. He will steer you in the right direction......great quality gear.
    ·
  • crunkcrunk Posts: 94
    Seems Unanimous! looks like thats what ill be doing.

Thanks guys!
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    I use the BGE model that you have. I have had it for 8years and it is still going strong but then I don't try to stack 4 butts on it.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Love tom's AR & Spider. I also have the BGE and use it once in a while. I like the ability to fold up 1/2 side.

I am using the AR and BGE grid here.
    chicken1.jpg

·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    I really like the 3-tier rack from BGE. It holds a lot and is very sturdy.

Ribs%25252017.JPG
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,414
    WHOA - don't throw that extender out! All you have to do is spring it a bit so that it grips the grill. Then you can pick up both safely! I'm searching for a picture for you.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,414
    here - spring it like this!
    IMG_1451.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    The spot welds on my first one broke in a week but BGE dealer replaced with no questions. New going on 3 years and no issues.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Mine works fine with 2 butts on it:

30pounds.jpg
    The Naked Whiz
    ·