Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggcessories?

fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
edited 1:13PM in EggHead Forum
Well I'm just over a month as an egger and have already accumulated a fair amount of eggcessories for my XL...

Custom tools...see last nights post
Plate setter
Pizza Stone (already had)
Adjustable rig with 2 racks
Spider
Lump reducing ring
CI griddle
Maverick 73
Egg Cookbook
6 different types of smoking wood
4 18# bags of Royal Oak from RD (Great Sale Price)

Is there anything I'm missing?...A stoker perhaps?... What are your thoughts?
·

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Well there's always this

1_1.jpg

If you lose the car you can fit 8 or 10 eggs in there
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,672
    Maybe a forum in the morning?
    ·
  • fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
    Well I've already got one of those...doesn't everyone! Never thought about taking the Bently out and putting a dozen eggs in! Genius!! :laugh:
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Have you spent as much on EGGCESSORIES as you did on your XL EGG ? I know the feeling. Welcome to the club.

Gary
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Just a better drug. I get my egg at the eggfest this weekend. I have 6 bags of lump, ordered et732, thinking real hard on the adjustble rig. My freezer is full of ribs and tri tips. This site better still be up or I am in deep .....
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,728
    You next purchase,IMHA, would be a Thermapen fast read probe for your steaks, chicken breasts and such.

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen.html

Welcome to the XL Club.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    I'm with Darian on this one. Thermapen is a very handy accessory.
    ·
  • Sailor71Sailor71 Posts: 34
    The Thermapen is a definite item. I just purchased mine and wow, amazing what a quality probe is like. I also have the Stoker which lets me have nice peaceful sleep on those long slow overnight cooks.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    Only one answer:
    A Mini.....
    photo-4-1.jpg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·