Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I don't usually jump.....

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
into these sort of things where the facts are completely unknown and the rumors are going through the ceiling, but, let's put a hold on our emotional outbreaks and just wait and see what comes around. Hopefully, it won't be nearly as dire as some of the posters are predicting. We all know this forum is the lifeline of the BGE world.......would you cut ties completely with such an asset? I sure wouldn't, and I'm sure the new BGE corporate heads won't either! Keep the faith, baby!! :laugh:

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Keeping my fingers x'd John... B);)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You don't usually jump??? Hell John you barely walk fast :laugh: :laugh: See ya in November buddy
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    dayum I hope you are right John!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    john, i agree,, but we are still having the ga. mt fest next yr,,, with or without there blessings.... right B)

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    John,

Love you like a brother man. If I never see you again I wanted you to know that I care. Love to Joan :)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Words of wisdom Egret, well said and thanks. :)

Blair

• egret
    Options
    Dang, Steve.......I sure hope we cross paths again......and soon! :) Come to my GA Mt Eggfest next year and you'll be our honored guest.......
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    You won't have to wait that long John he weaseled his way into the mini fest
  • Bulldog Mom
    Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
    Options
    I seem to remember such anxiety when we were approaching....the turn of the century. All the computers were supposed to crash, the world was coming to an end. I certainly hope and believe that if this "world" comes to a crashing halt that we would have the where with all to find a way to continue this valuable forum. There are so many things we can explore: Facebook, Myspace, other ways to host forums - Yahoo forums, google forums, etc. it's not the end necessarily - but an evolution. And maybe we'd be better off not tied to BGE corporate!
  • egret
    Options
    :ohmy: :laugh: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    What if the Mothership pulls it's support? B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    Options
    Julie is the mothership at this one :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Remind me why I shouldn't drive to Niagara Falls NY and fly down there and kick your butt again.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Well, something to think about when you are discussing whether or not BGE would want a forum, how many people use the forum and how many BGE owners are there? To a big corporate entity taking it to the next level, I wonder if this forum is anything more than a speck on the windshield. Or something like that.
    The Naked Whiz
  • egret
    Options
    Hmmmmmm, and, maybe we're the bugs!?
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    I've been reading the posts about the forum getting shut down... I have no idea what kick started the panic. maybe some people know certain things that I wish I did.

I don't know anything about who is running the show at BGE. It would be counter-intuitive and bad business for them to shut down the forum (again, i don't know who runs this forum and what their relationship is, or why people think the forum is going to get shut down.

It would be nice to get some concrete info on this...
    context is important :)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Amen my friend.....and it's not like we can influence their decision either way..
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    The Naked Whiz wrote:
    Well, something to think about when you are discussing whether or not BGE would want a forum, how many people use the forum and how many BGE owners are there? To a big corporate entity taking it to the next level, I wonder if this forum is anything more than a speck on the windshield. Or something like that.

companies would pay real money for a place like this. given the size of the membership and amount of daily activity.
    context is important :)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dang Pat, you didn't tell LS it was a "Roast" did you? :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    But that's my point. The number of people here is tiny compared to the number of Eggs sold. I seriously doubt that this forum seriously contributes to BGE's bottom line.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Deaneaux
    Deaneaux Posts: 45
    Options
    I DO think that this forum contributes to BGE's bottom line in several ways. Seeing new recipes, methods of cooking different things, etc in this forum keeps me enthused in my Green Eggs. Everyone that I come into contact with about grilling sees this enthusiasm and wants to taste food from the BGE. Most of these folks end up getting a BGE or at least telling someone else about the product.

ALSO, next on my list of “things to buy” is a small egg. I doubt that I would have any desire to get anything other than my 2 larges if I didn’t always see folks on the forum posting pics and experiences of cooks on smaller eggs.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    And again, the few Eggs you buy or may recommend to friends is probably small compared to the 100's of thousands of Eggs that have been sold.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I've been gone for a few days and come back to all of this! Anyway, what's to stop someone from opening up their own bge forum if this one shuts down? Nothing! I know a lot of you guys that frequent this forum are big computer geeks and it would be a natural for someone to just start up their own. You could even do it via a facebook page. Just call it something like "Egret's BGE page" and people will flock to it.

Another similar group recently took the leap from forum to fb and it has worked out nicely. It has to be an actual page with a wall and all that, not just a fan site that you 'like' in order to work in a similar fashion.