Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

banned from the new forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    well, i basically asked all the forum elders to let me know if i was the problem, and none replied, so i guess i'm not. i will continue posting as usual. :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I was hoping one would respond and take you out as well :woohoo:. Maybe you should leave the door open a few more hours? ;)I get tired of reading your funny meaningless post! Wakes people up at 2AM when I laugh out loud at something you guys are going back and forth about! It would be way better if we just stuck to recipes and cooks. :laugh:
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I'll just say this, though I doubt it will be read by anyone of any importance. I don't post a ton. I've posted the occassional cook, but don't cook nearly as often as I'd like, and take pics even less. I attempt to learn from this forum, look for new ideas, and hopefully take it home to try new things.

When researching smokers (and I was a gas grill guy)I came across this forum. Lurking on this forum made me believe the BGE was the best product out there, and worth the hefty price tag. After making the plunge I came to this forum to learn about cooking. People answered my questions and lead (and continue to lead) the way by example and posting pics. Iron Chef contests have led to great ideas and posts, and in my opinion only happen on a forum where people get to know and have fun with each other.

I've yet to attend an eggfest and really haven't met anyone on the forum. I have however gotten to "know" a few folks who are always quick to offer advice. I treasure that both from a cooking point of view, and even for those that are "off topic".

I've learned new things; shagbark hickory, pickling, curing, sausage making, ereaders, ie8, smoke ring stops at 140 but smoke flavor continues, food safety, and other things both on and off topic. I see value in this, others may not. I can tell you however if the plug is pulled or this place is sterilized I will take my BGE and go home. I don't have any interest in just recipes and step by step cooks. I can get that from a Julia Childs cook book. I also see this forum as a big differentiator in a market with many copycats. I think it would be a shame if it was toyed with.

It is electroninc and sarcasm can be taken in the wrong context, people can be offended, and folks have different ideas about what this place should mean. If we participate in what we believe it should be, ignore the rest, or ignore what offends us, then we can all just get along and this place can be special for everyone.

Chris
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    as fishless has said many times, if you go back and actually look at the old posts, you can see it was no love in. fights and arguing were rampant.

i notice that they finally smartened up and removed all the negative anti-BGE bashing posts made by a certain quasi celebrity member here who now collects a regular check from BGE to say nice things. he was one of the more notorious bashers.

i was here long ago enough to see that your old days are a little skewed toward rosy. let's not imagine it was koombaya all the time either.

and i would say there is an awful lot of BS from those who are trying to put it all on those who are 'having fun'. i have yet to have any person who has complained about the lack of cooks post a link to any of their recent cooks. they know it's true. a lot of the old timers are resting on their laurels and they have rested so long, no one remembers why they are supposed to be so revered in the first place

right now, based on the evidence (help of newbies, and posts of original cooks, ideas or photos), any one of the 'troublemakers' are providing more food BGE related content than any five elders combined
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ahhh, I remember when you just lurked. It was a much friendlier place then.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    If I want your opinion I'll give it to you
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    No need to get all nasty about it. You have single handedly ruined this place by that very kind of behaviour. Want some more UUUUUUS?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Your just so cute when your angry :kiss: