Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
foilbrisket.jpg
<p />All night brisket. Still in recovery.
That Wicked Good is wicked.

Comments

• SnowEgg
    SnowEgg Posts: 29
    Options
    jake42, Waaaaaay jealous! Brisket is my favorite and that one looks awesome! Great job! I'm on my way; where do you live??? [p]My pork roast has at least two hours to go...
  • jake42,[p]I did a brisket on my BGE last weekend and it looked just like that and it was GOOD!!!![p]I did mine around 200 degrees for 20 or so hours with some hickory chunks.[p]I live in Terrell Texas and brisket is popular around here.[p]Best,
    S.G.[p]

• jake42, Looking Good Jake !!! Peace...

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    Steve & Jake
    did it make any diff. to yall if you chose Select or Choice beef?
    and did either of you trim any fat off first?
    fat side up or down?
    did you flip it?
    or spritz it?[p]I just cooked two over this weekend (my first) - one on the smoker and one on a Weber Kettle using a guru. The Points were delicious, but the flat wasn't as moist - fell apart YES, but not really juicy. Both went to 170, then were foiled to 205. total time on about 12 hours. 9 & 10 lbs each. Both def. hotter than 200.
    thx
    jaymer...

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    jaymer,
    Sounds like you had a pretty good outing. I cook mine fat side up. I was lazy this time and got one trimmed there was still a good amount of fat left on it. It was on sale at Price Chopper. The untrimmed was on sale too. Cooked it fat side up,( I never flip it) platesetter, and elevated grid. I've found that using an elevated grid in this set-up allows better circulation of smoke around the meat. Spritzed with apple juice a couple of times during the first couple hours. Wrapped in foil at around 180. Pulled at 200, wrapped in towel, rested in cooler until time to slice.