Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

banned from the new forum

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    I wonder if we'll lose our post count...
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    if god is merciful, yes :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    but how will we know if someone qualifies to sign up for the pizza tossing kit? Oh the confusion and mayhem ahead... :sick:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I thought all this was supposed to happen on May 21st :S

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    you're pathetic, it is may 21, but of next year, jeez man I know you can't see over the steering wheel but at least try to make an effort to keep up with the herd
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I guess my weird humor did not come through in that post LOL sorry actually kind of my list of fav :whistle:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Your gonna be lonely private Zip :laugh: :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    I can see over the steering wheel dammit. I just can't reach the pedals. My HAIR brushes on the roof.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Pat, it’s all good. I’ve grown weary of the shenanigans, tom foolery & general skullduggary that prevails around these parts. The anonymous trolls that used to keep things in order, keep a proper balance, long ago banished back to Canada & other parts where the short run wild. When the new & improved forum takes effect, I’ll fit in just fine. I can see some of the exchanges now:

Poster: “hey, new guy here, can someone tell me how to hold the temp at 250 for 6 hours”

Member: “hi poster, my name is Sandy & I’ll be assisting you today”.

(agent typing)

Member: “so, what brings you to the new & improved forum?”

Poster: “uh, I want to know how to hold a temperature for 6 hours”

Member: “great, I can help you with that”

(agent typing)

Member: “first, have you read your owner’s manual?”

Poster: “no”

(agent typing)

Member: “great, you should start by reading the manual, then watching the video that came with your egg”

Poster: “well what the hell is this forum for if I can’t get an answer to a simple question?”

(agent typing)

Member: “have you looked at our wonderful on-line store, we have great discounts on egg paraphernalia?”

Poster: :huh:

Member: “do you have any more questions?”

Poster: "you suck"

Poster: “this place sucks”

Member: “Thank you, please visit often, and tell your friends”
    happy in the hut
  • RRP
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    but Zip,,, is my meat still safe????? :huh:
    Hey,, that short tall haired north of the border enemy of ours is talking a late year fishing trip so if you can free up your schedule we'll be using a live canukian shrimp for bait. :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Marc, that was hilarious!! Hope it ain't true. :blink:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    That's much worse than the current forum.

Originator: I spatchcocked a chicken

Replier 1: Ooooh

Originator: Thanks, Repiier 1

Replier 2: Aaaaaah

Originator: Back at cha, Replier 2

Replier 3: You rock, Dude !

Originator: Yeah, wanna see my dog?

Newbie: Care to share your recipe?

>>
    Replier 49: Oooooh

Originator: Thanks, 49 !

Replier 50: See you in August?

Originator: Yeah. Only 54 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes, and 22 seconds, but who's counting?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    I wouldn't worry about it....just sayin'

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but you left out 600 pictures of flowers, mountains, hiking trails, prayer requests, deceased pets, the constant underlying struggle to prove that someone else, anyone else, is a bigger **** than the blowhard currently typing, & of course the obligatory moron whining about the off topic nature of, well, just about everything
    happy in the hut
  • RRP
    you've been on a roll all day! Ambulance chasing must serving you well! :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    You missed the incessant stream of posts about pizzas, things that look like pizzas, all things round and flat and the extremely tiring pictures of porcelain animals and webers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    wasn't

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    I emailed a couple of names. Sorry :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Well....that certainly shines a positive light on things to come..
  • WessB
    You know..there's nothing at the top of the forum page that says anything at all about "comedy central" or cinemax or hbo....it used to say a forum for eggheads to share recipes and experiences...this forum was never designed nor intended to be available for entertainment purposes....it's intended to help eggers of all experience levels learn to do more or improve on what they already know...I honestly don't think it was ever expected to fill the void in the Simpsons reruns..if you want entertainment turn on the TV..
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    sure it came thru. i guess mine didn't :laugh:
    seriously. i have people saying that everything i write is a joke, or that i'm pulling scams, and yet they believe i am making a new forum no questions asked. :huh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Zippylip
    Wess, you may be right, but only in theory. Take a look at the view count, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you want to know what people are interested in, this says it all:

Banned from the forum, 81 replies viewed 6800+ times.

Eye of round cooked on the egg, 8 replies viewed 300 times.

Now, I ain’t saying it’s right, but it most certainly is what it is. If somewhere along the line this place degenerated into (or maybe returned to) a strictly on-topic environment, it’d be about as exciting as all the other attempted & eventually failed ceramic forums.
    happy in the hut
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    I sure hope the new forum still has the "back button - double post" option. :laugh:
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    I sure hope the new forum still has the "back button - double post" option. :laugh:
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• That was the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WessB
    Well obviosly "everyone" will be viewing this..as they are all concerned their "go to" forum might be goindg away...that still doesn't justify that whatever or wherever the egghead forum ends up that it will be boring or lonely if the only topics are "egg" related...after all thats where this all started..if users find the forum boring based on the fact that all people are talking about is recipes and techniques then they don't belong here in the first place..
  • WessB
    And for the record...this is in no way directed at you...you just provided the ideal platform..
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    If this one tanks I may start a 'Loney forum! :laugh:
  • Zippylip
    This is just one example though; I recall in the not too distant past when a certain member would garner similar view counts every time he posted. And this from a member who was for all practical purposes hailed as Satan by the majority of members here. If you can explain that to me I’m all ears. I agree with you that people should leave if they’re disinterested in a given format, only trouble is there’d be nobody left – I’ve visited forums like that, where the last post was 3 days before you got there… they suck. Regardless of where this forum started, it isn’t where it ended up. Are you in a position to declare that its massive success is due to any one factor over another?
    happy in the hut