Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ground Veal?

Options
meat03man
meat03man Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a pack of ground Veal today never tried it figure it won't be much more than a good hamburger, but any suggestions on the egging of some ground Veal?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    meat03man,

I use ground veal in pasta sauce. It is good in a burger but the flavour is kinda weak on it's own. Hit it with basil, garlic and oregano if you are going to do burgers. Maybe some tomato sauce, provolone, or peccorino and parmesan and use ciabatta buns. Italian hot peppers could only make it better. Some Bomba if you have any. I wouls mix some anchovies in the meat as well

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    i mix it with ground pork and make "pigs in a blanket".... aka stuffed cabbage...or "halupki" as it's referred to around here.... rr
  • snake701uk
    snake701uk Posts: 187
    Options
    I fully agree on the anchioves Steven. They help in most burgers, the quantity depends on the meat used. Andy