Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PING - Smitty @ Eggs by the Bay - HELPP!!

Hillbilly-HightechHillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited 8:54AM in EggHead Forum
OMG Smitty!! First off, let me humble myself & say that I'm an idiot :blush: - between work, school, and doing freelance design on the side, I haven't been on the forum for quite a while, and now that I'm in my last week of classes for the Spring quarter, I decided to get on the forum & saw your notice about the Eggs By the Bay Eggfest...

Needless to say, I forgot to sign up - and I saw that it's completely sold out!!! :(

Soooooo, was wondering if there is ANY way I can still get in (actually it would be me, my GF, our son, her sis & her husband & their son - so, 4 adults, 2 children).

I'd be willing to cook, and the adults would be willing to volunteer to do whatever - take tickets, clean up, etc (or we can work 2 shifts of 2 ppl). Whatever we need to do in order to still go - is there ANY possible way this can be accomplished????

Purrrrty pleaaaaaaase?????? :blush: :whistle:
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
·

Comments

• fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    Highly recommend that you try to contact Smitty via email.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

ummmmm, Smitty might even have a phone, who would know....

·
    ·
  • Hey guys - yeah, I sent him email as well, and also called. Just spoke w/ him & the event is very full. He's got enough cooks & volunteers, so it looks like ye ole "ya snooze, ya lose" has reared its ugly head for me.

I am putting the event into my Outlook to start reminding me about 3 months in advance for next year (it's usually around the same time of the year).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...

I may just have to hang around & get the scraps after everyone starts going home - hehehe :whistle:
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·

Mike, I was wondering if I worded this wrong. I was trying to be sarcastic with a little help on the side. This old fart doesn't know much but I do believe there are telephones up that way. :laugh:

Thanks for posting the phone number.

Be well my friend, Kent
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I don't know if it is possible, but does Smitty have a waiting list in case of cancellations? YOu might ask if anyone here has tickets they'd like to sell. I've had to cancel a time or two for 'fests.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    No problem Kent - I imagine THIS old phart knows even less, and I betcha they DO have fones.
    ·

:laugh: :laugh:

Be well. Kent
    ·