Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lost Fire Overnight...am I safe?

Options
YukonBill
YukonBill Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys...first post ever and first overnight pork shoulder.

Put the pork on and got a dome temp of ~240 that I thought was stable. Checked the meat and dome temp at midnight and things looked great...meat was probably ~135 or so and dome was looking good.

Woke up at 6am to check my BBQ and found that the dome temp and meat had fallen to about 130 over night, but I couldn't tell you when. I immediately started the fire and things are looking good (minus the little snafu).

Do you think this meat is okay to serve?

Would taking the meat up to 200 on the BGE and holding it there for a little longer than normal help anything?

I'd probably eat it if it was just me but I don't want to jeopardize any of my guests.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...I need to know if I should go and pick up some burgers :( I really hope not...

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions...I know this has been posted numerous times before but am looking for insight for my specific temps and results that anyone else has had with a similar problem.

Bill

Comments