Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Last night's feast

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 1:59AM in EggHead Forum
Cooked some marinated country ribs(pork butt)for 5 hours as a dish called cochinitas pibil. It is heavy with cinnamon and cloves and cooked in banana leafs.

IMG_2209.jpg

Served it with pickled onions, Spanish rice, tortillas, and calabacitas.

IMG_2208.jpg

It was a nice meal and everyone loved it, but I really didn't care for the pork, cinnamon and cloves aren't a favorite of mine. -RP

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    FEAST is right.I tend to agree with you on the cinnamon and cloves.
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    Looks like a great table of food to me.
  • Brew'nQueBrew'nQue Posts: 44
    I've done cochinita pibil a couple times. Really, really like it. To me, it's a nice change from the normal pork butt.

Your's looks tasty!
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Looks great.
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    Food looks great, as usual. Question: how was the bark or was there any to speak of? I have long wanted to try this, but the bark on a standard butt is one of the pay-offs for the long cook.
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    That looks and sounds outstanding!
  • Randy, you could be mistaken for Beli with the meal and the ladies surrounding you!
    Hope you are not getting much smoke from the fires and all are safe :)
    Take care and best to Kim B)
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    No bark because it is braised. -RP
  • Looking good Randy, got me thinking that it's about time to make puerco pibil again.

Doug