Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last night's feast

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 11:49PM in EggHead Forum
Cooked some marinated country ribs(pork butt)for 5 hours as a dish called cochinitas pibil. It is heavy with cinnamon and cloves and cooked in banana leafs.

IMG_2209.jpg

Served it with pickled onions, Spanish rice, tortillas, and calabacitas.

IMG_2208.jpg

It was a nice meal and everyone loved it, but I really didn't care for the pork, cinnamon and cloves aren't a favorite of mine. -RP
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    FEAST is right.I tend to agree with you on the cinnamon and cloves.
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    Looks like a great table of food to me.
    ·
  • Brew'nQueBrew'nQue Posts: 44
    I've done cochinita pibil a couple times. Really, really like it. To me, it's a nice change from the normal pork butt.

Your's looks tasty!
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Looks great.
    ·
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    Food looks great, as usual. Question: how was the bark or was there any to speak of? I have long wanted to try this, but the bark on a standard butt is one of the pay-offs for the long cook.
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    That looks and sounds outstanding!
    ·
  • Randy, you could be mistaken for Beli with the meal and the ladies surrounding you!
    Hope you are not getting much smoke from the fires and all are safe :)
    Take care and best to Kim B)
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    No bark because it is braised. -RP
    ·
  • Looking good Randy, got me thinking that it's about time to make puerco pibil again.

Doug
    ·