Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cast iron skillet on top of pizza stone?

Brew'nQue
Brew'nQue Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I'm planning on making shredded chicken nachos, ABTs, and a couple pizzas. My plan is to make the ABTs on the weber smokey mountain (much lower temp, plus I don't have a 2nd egg yet, so I'll dust off the WSM and use it), and cook the nachos and pizzas on the egg. I'll set up the egg with the plate setter legs up, grid, raised grid, then pizza stone.

Here's my question; will it be okay to put the cast iron skillet directly on top of the pizza stone to cook the nachos in, then remove it and cook the pizzas on the stone? I just want to make sure I'm not going to shatter the stone by having the skillet on top of it...

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    no problem with it. although i would cook the pizza first. the nachos are just warmed up. when i make pizza i use a higher dome temp than warming up nachos. after the pizza comes off just stick the skillett in there warm them up with the egg cooling down rather than heating it up more for a crispy crust ;)

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    I made nachos a couple weeks ago that took ~ 10-12 minutes to cook. Put the CI skillet in the egg and let it preheat very hot, then built the nachos right on the hot skillet. They had a lot of toppings, which is why it took a lil longer. Came out really well, so I plan to go the same route tonight.