Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CWM ribs

Options
wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We used to buy ribs a couple of times a year. Now we make sure there are several racks in the freezer at all times. After cooking them several times over the past couple of months I now cook them for a "stress free" dinner. Nothing to over think... Just follow the recipe, don't screw up the sides and dinner will be perfect ;)

102_5052.jpg

Sauced with Blues Hog and KC masterpiece hot and spicy.

102_5055.jpg

102_5058.jpg

No plated pics, but served them with a cucumber, tomato, onion salad with a blue cheese vinnegrette dressing, baked spud and amish sour dough bread.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great Richard, hope it tasted as good as it looks.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    Options
    That looks lips smacking good!
  • wkygriller
    Options
    They were great. The more you do them the easier they get. I went to a new butcher last week and had a choice of 2 different types of ribs. One was 2.99 a lb and the other was 3.99 a lb. I bought the higher priced ones thinking they could be even better than what I am used to. Next time I will save the buck. No difference.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Very nice cook!

Do you need 2 men & a boy to move that cutting board? :unsure:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Its not light, but you sure can cut up tons of stuff on it and it bleaches well. Last year I bought a five foot plastic board at Eggtoberfest. That one is real light weight, but a pain to clean
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey you got my attention. Nice :)

Did you and Sandy hook up for the lump connection?
  • wkygriller
    Options
    We did. Looks like BG outdoors is going to order the lump next week. Not sure on the price yet, but it will be cost plus shipping. Hard to beat that. I will make sure I have enough to get me through till the next buy in down in Nashville ;)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I agree with you - ribs make for a stress free meal! Yours look delicious... ;)
  • Yardawg
    Yardawg Posts: 16
    Options
    Nice looking ribs Richard.

Thanks for letting me in on the bulk buy.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Great looking ribs. I'm cooking some spares later today, love rib day.