Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Redfish/Scallops and lemon-garlic butter sauce

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Freezer clean-out. I found a redfish filet (we call 'on the halfshell' when we filet with the skin and scales still on). It was frozen in water and had a date of 2004 on it. Not sure what I would have, but when thawed it had no freezer burn or bad areas and smell OK. ;) Scallops were vac-sealed in January.
Coated the redfish evenly with a light coating of Hoover's sauce, a little lemon juice and a liberal sprinkling of Prudhomme's Redfish Blackening seasoning. Grilled flesh down for 3 minutes, then flipped and finished until internal of 120*.
DSC_0390-1.jpg
Covered with foil while I got the scallops going. Seared in butter in a CI skillet after the fish was removed. I seasoned with a little sea salt and DP Raging River.
DSC_0392-1.jpg
I removed and covered the scallops, added a couple of cloves of garlic, lemon juice and reduced. Removed from the heat and whisked in some cold butter.
Plated: Redfish, scallops and the lemon-garlic butter sauce.
DSC_0394.jpg
Not bad for a freezer clean-out meal ! :)

Comments