Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cpt'n Cook runs aground

Options
Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This day in 1777, Captain James Cook, commander of the British ship Endeavour discovered the Great Barrier Reef of Australia by running into it.

This day in 2011 I am making Pizza, oh well :whistle:

Comments

• MusicMan78
    MusicMan78 Posts: 182
    Options
    This morning, Dave from Saline, after drinking too much Capt Morgan last night, discovers the Big Freaking Hangover after he wakes up on the couch!

true story :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Hope your day goes better then his did Cpt'n! :laugh:

Blair

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    If you shoot something, claim that what you hit was your intended target.

I suppose if you're intent on discovering something, the Great Barrier Reef would be a good choice.

I would just record in my ship's log that, "I went looking for the Great Barrier Reef and found it."

Spring "Intention Is The Fuel Of Discovery" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Legend has it that Sam Lord 'found' many things in the Caribbean using his antics, but spent his last days back in England with an iron ball chained to his neck. For instance, he would hang lanterns in coconut trees to lure ships unpon the reefs when they thought they'd sighted town. Then he'd raid them and make off with the booty.. Sam Lord's Castle on the Island of Barbados (resort hotel) was named after him..
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Ah yes, called "wrecking" that was a popular pastime/vocation throughout the carribean and as well as the Florida Keys :):)