Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fidel... A Pizza Question for you

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,491
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking over your pizza crust recipe and read your suggestion to use spring water because, "Spring water is important for proper mineral content, taste, and lack of chlorine. Chlorine is a natural enemy of the yeast and is purported to inhibit the proper rise."

What you say makes sense. What we get out of a faucet isn't 'water' it's just a water-based chemical product labeled 'fit for human consumption.'

As a kid I drank water from springs wherever I found them but in today's world I'm reluctant to do it.

So where do you get your spring water? Is it, perhaps, bottled spring water? Two or three brands around here use spring water, but then filter it really well before bottling it. They do not add chlorine or other chemicals. I'm not sure if the natural minerals are removed in the filtering process,

As usual, I will look forward to your reply.

Spring "Chemically Treated" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments