Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CW's Back to Basics Challenge - Update

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well See Dub, the meat has been chosen and its chosen strictly for the challenge that it will pose, not for the fine texture and marbeling that the meat provides. I've chosed a Pot Roast of all meats, one of the toughest, grittiest, sinnewiest pieces of meat that I could think of. So, on to the challenge, nothing but some charcoal, the egg, my spices, and a fork. No recipes, no cheat sheets, no whimpy thermometers, no brines, no nothing. This is fun. My goal is to break it to its knees, break every fiber of its being so it comes crawling back to me, begging to be set free, begging for a.........bun? Who knows where this may go.........[p]Troy

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    sprinter,
    CW presented the challenge, and it looks like you are jumping in with both feet! May the force be with you.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    sprinter, that is amazing...how do you do that?? Looking at my lable here, (I got this yesterday afternoon) and it says "Beef Chuck Pot Roast" "Boneless" 3.75 lb. and cost a whopping $1.99 per lb. Cheapest, scrungiest, toughest chunk of beef I could find.[p]Lets whip it!! We go were no man has tread before..almost![p]Mine gets stomped on tomorrow!! Today I cut wood for a new cupola.
    Good Luck...C~W

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Now this is good reading and I hope it becomes good eating as well! Looks like you are ready to run the gautlet and I have the utmost (sp?) confidence in you! [p]Ra, Ra, Ra! Go Sprinter, Go Sprinter, Go Sprinter (your cheering section)![p]Smokey
  • sprinter
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Great minds think alike.[p]Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]I think mine will be Saturday or Sunday, already have plans for the week. Might try and sneak it in though. Good luck!!![p]Troy
  • sprinter
    Options
    Smokey,[p]I'm not even sure this is actually BEEF that I have based on the appearance of it. There appears to be a few strange marks on it, kinda like whip marks where the jockey was hitting it?.....hehehe Got it on sale at Kroger, buy one get one. There were a LOT of them in the case, wonder why?[p]We'll see. I'll do my best.[p]Troy
  • Frozen Chosen
    Options
    sprinter, No nothing huh?; how about no grill? Seriously, there was a guy (I forgot who) posted on the forum about a year or so ago that steak turned out great on the egg when flopped directly onto the hot burning lump (reminds me of an Elvis song). I've never had the stones to try it out, but with the price of p-roast, what the heck?