Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Iron

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife and kids played the Pizza Hut card on me tonight and I was having none of it. I had picked up a nice flat iron at Publix the other day so I decided it was time. Rubbed it with a little evoo and hit it with a dusting of Tasty Licks Red Meat Rub. I believe I recieved this from my secret santa and never had opened it. High temp seared the flat iron for about 2 minutes per side and pulled. Ate the whole thing with a fresh cut salad. These steaks have a very good flavor everytime I cook one. As far as the rub, it smelt a little bit too herbed (if thats a word) for my liking but after the taste test, it complimented the steak well without covering up the true flavor of the beef. A very tasty steak indeed. Hope everyone has a great evening!
The Greens
IMG_8488.jpg

The Raw
IMG_8481.jpg

The rub
IMG_8486.jpg
The sear
IMG_8495.jpg

Done
IMG_8498.jpg

Sliced
IMG_8499.jpg