Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT... Sad Day

Comments

• icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    I know the sadness of your loss. I had to put down Max or wheaton a couple months ago and he was 14. Miss him every morning!!!
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Gary:

Thanks so much for the link. That's a really good take on things.

Appreciate it.

Mike
    ·
    Me too, My Friend. Me too.
    ·
    ;) Thanks, Rebecca. Sounds like a fun group.
    ·
    I know, 14 great years.
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Very sorry to hear of your loss
    So hard when we have to let our buddies go

Shane
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    Mike I am so sorry for you and your family. Got to meet her New Years at your house, very nice girl.
    Mike just cry, that is all that works my friend.
    I am so sorry for you.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    :( I'm so sorry. It sure is hard to lose a beloved pet. Gonna give the funny furry thing at my feet some extra hugs today.
    ·
    I've done my share, Mick.
    ·
  • probe1957probe1957 Posts: 213
    The only bad thing about dogs is they just don't live long enough. I too am sorry for your loss.
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,311
    Mike, so sorry to hear. I know it's been a hard road the last year or so for ya'll to watch her deal with her health. Best thing I can suggest is tonight a nice tall one on the back patio while remembering the good times. tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Sorry for your loss. Try to remember your good days with your pal, and give the other pups some love too, I bet they know. Take care.Randy
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,031
    So sorry to hear this, Mike. I know how painful this is for you and family. These little guys become dear members of the family.
    ·
    good idea. Thanks, Tom.
    ·
    No argument here. Thanks, Man.
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Sorry buddy. Dogs truly are family. :(
    ·
  • TUSKTUSK Posts: 14
    Really sorry for your loss. I'm dreading when that day comes for my best friend.
    ·
  • ron4fishron4fish Posts: 144
    SORRY to hear that!!! I know those things are tough!! :(
    ·
    Many Thanks to all. Over the past nine years, I've consistently seen an outpouring of support whenever an Egger loses a pet. Says volumes to me about the character of those Eggers.

It's getting better thanks to you folks.

Mike
    ·
  • TN TIGERTN TIGER Posts: 10
    Sorry bud, it's always hard to lose a family member.
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    i'm sorry, thats a tough thing to go through!
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 659
    So sorry for your loss :-( I know the feeling all too well, remember the good times and keep your other pups close, they will be missing her too.
    ·
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Posts: 319
    Dang Mike,

Sorry to hear of this. It's true that a dog is Man's best friend... and vice versa. There is no good time to lose a friend, especially one that lives to make you happy. Hope she's eating all the good table scraps she can hold in the Dog heavens.

Great pic!

David
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Sorry man. :(
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,395
    Sorry for your loss.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • ShwiezzeeShwiezzee Posts: 304
    Mike,

I'm so sorry. I still feel the lost of my German shepherd. It sucks.

Jay :(
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
    ·
  • I am very sorry for your loss.
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    So sorry to hear about Pepper.... :( :(
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    So sorry for you and your family.
    ·
  • skihornskihorn Posts: 600
    I am so sorry to hear that. I am sure you gave her a great life... and she returned the favor! Dogs are such wonderful animals. I am going to hug my Retriever right now.

Freddie
    League City,TX
    ·