Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the 6 hour brisket again

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
picked up another Brisket this week,6.6 lbs flat, to try again with FLPoolmans style of cooking :cheer: I wanted to see if it was a fluke :pinch:
IMAG0405-1.jpg
I seasoned it well with Canadian steak seasoning
IMAG0406-1.jpg
then onto the egg direct at 350 for 1.5 hours, flip and another 1.5 at 350 direct.. used the froggmatt again! love those things LOL
IMAG0409-2.jpg
then into a pot with love juice :whistle: for 3 hours. again tender juice and wonderful. this time I put in three good sized chunks of apple wood and I had a light pink smoke ring and nice light smoky flavor. this one was thicker and was wonderful again :)
Neil had another late night so the last pic was it on the egg keeping warm with Carnivore sweet sauce cut with a little honey brown beer.
and I was not really planning on posting about it so not very good pics.. cell phone again.. but this is a pretty simple cook for anyone that has not done a brisket and is a bit hesitant to give one a try. pick one up and just do it! good meal and tasty leftovers.

Comments