Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My venture with my dealer

2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Amen.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Sure 'nuff! Kim demanded it! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    You're right up there with Evans now, pool boy!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hey now don't you pick on Pat!!! :angry: I am on to you now John!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    that is frustrating Molly :( glad you got it resolved. Just do not understand some people in business....
  • cookn biker
    Bingo baby! I just walked away. :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Do you mean weiner. :woohoo: :lol:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    That sucks!! a warrenty is only as good as the service that supports it, I wonder if it would do any good to let the mothership know?
  • Grillin Guy
    Grillin Guy Posts: 302
    I didn't think they would replace a cracked firebox unless it was in two pieces. I've had a cracked firebox in my large for over a year and it won't come apart. LOL On another note, the firebox on my small DID crack into. I was going up to Atlanta to visit family and called the Mothership and told them I was coming up and wanted to have my small firebox replaced. They didn't even ask for a picture. I walked in the door and said I had called earlier and the man behind the counter said "I'm the one you talked to. I've got your firebox right here." Took all of two minutes. Can't ask for better service then that.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Thats all that were left left when I got there a tad late in '09 :( It still worked for me & da Mini!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    My hero
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    Oh stop. :blush:
    Will be calling you in a few weeks. Car/truck talk. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :blink: Some Dealers cannot see the forest for the trees. :(
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    sounds like you moved to New England. :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    Molly if you want to come to Kansas City, I will take care of it for you. I know thats a little far for you to drive. I try to take care of my customers. I carry all the eggs and have a large BGE area with lot of eggccessories. I am most likely one of the few dealers that has a 14ft inflatable BGE. We sell only the BGE.
    We cook on the egg as much as possible. 1 of my employees has had their BGE for over 11 yrs.
    I am sure your new dealer gets it and will take very good care of their customers.
  • I had problems with cast iron grate that cracked in 3 places and I called customer service and had no problem with the dealer replacing it. Just took copy of email from customer service with me. I would put this company in first place for customer service any day. Just my two cents worth. :):)
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    Molly I do believe there are dealers who care about the customer after the initial cash lay-out. When it comes to service some dealers just don't understand. My ex-dealer near the Mall of Georgia is not interested in anymore of my business so I have moved on to fending for myself. BUT i really don't blame the dealer totally, I think BGE corp needs a better compliance of the all things BGE within the network. I hear from dealers on this site of the covered items and how they are handled. When asking at my ex-dealer he said "not with his area rep" (cracked fire box, broken fire grate). My concern, if BGE is this fantastic company, why doesn't it show through the entire network?
    Doug
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Molly,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the gang in Denver also the states distributer? So wouldn't the folks in the Springs get the warranty parts from them? Surprised you didn't set them guys straight. :ermm:
  • Wonder how you get a new distributor? I have asked others and they will not cross lines.

Ours is not very good. It seems that they stock nothing and only act as a middle man between me and the manufacturer. They add no value at all and they make more profit margin than we do at the retail end.

Once a month I seriously think of switching to Primo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    If someone ever asks me to fax anything I just want to give them a swift kick in the arse. Fax it??? Really??? Maybe I could just send it by telegraph instead :D.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hey Molly
    Interesting post, I just found a crack in my firebox too.

I have had nothing but good luck with my dealer, but I am curious to see how he handles this. He doesn't know it, but I am looking at a med or another large. I will buy it from whoever gets me a new firebox :laugh:

Shane
  • cookn biker
    Those are some interesting thoughts.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    He was handing me a line of **** Adam. In fact they went up today but he said he was not going to bring me one back because they would charge him.My thoughts to that was that is not my problem jack***.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Whatchumean, boy?
    :laugh:
    I'd told her about how my dealer waited for the fire box and ring to be shipped.....and how I'd picked it ip in Denver with my name on the box!!
    My dealer waits until they have a large order, unlike Mol's that have their distributor just down the road (I-25) :blink:
    Jen in Denver is great!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Pluck them guys. It's amazing some can't see past their damn noses.
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    "I'm on lunch" sound's a lot to me like,
    "sorry man, not my job"....
    Which make's me maddddddddd!

One of my local dealer's sucks too...the other is ok to good, definitely up to the standards of the company itself.
    RicklesssssS in Oregon
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    :angry:
    You just give em hell Molly, they are being A$$---es, BGE should should give em the Big Boot where the sun don't shine. :laugh:

Thank Goodness we get to also hear about the many great BGE dealers out there.

Thanks for sharing but sorry to hear of your treatment.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Tell it like it went down is not bashing but that is what they need. You were venting and doing it where it will do the most good.

Great post even though it was a bad Eggsperience. :(

Regards,
    Bordello