Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table safety

Options
Serial Griller
Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
This article on the Naked Whiz site should be posted permanently on the table forum for every person who wants to house their egg in a table.It's better to know before they build it than after :ohmy:
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/eggbase/eggbase.htm

Comments

• eggtopia
    eggtopia Posts: 91
    Options
    Great article. I wish I had read it before I built my table. I have a series of 3 porcelain tiles stacked one on top of another as the resting place for my egg. The top tile has shattered.

What is the deal with the feet? It seems like the feet should help with a little circulation, however I was told not to use the feet if it is in a table.

Any thoughts?
  • eggtopia
    eggtopia Posts: 91
    Options
    Great article. I wish I had read it before I built my table. I have a series of 3 porcelain tiles stacked one on top of another as the resting place for my egg. The top tile has shattered.

What is the deal with the feet? It seems like the feet should help with a little circulation, however I was told not to use the feet if it is in a table.

Any thoughts?
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Tile will shatter if the egg is placed directly on the tile.Yes the feet provide air space between the egg and your base which I used fire brick. Some use a stone paver. If you go to the Naked whiz site and look at the photo gallery you will see most wooden tables use the feet and or a paver under the egg.
    I hope this helps.