Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home Alone Eggsperiments

Options
FSM-Meatball
FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The entire family will be gone from Thurs-Sunday this week, leaving me home alone. I will have plenty of time to experiment with new recipes without having to make the family eat the mistakes.

I have been egging for about 6 months, I am comfortable with Butts, Ribs and T-rex Steaks. I have made a few fire roasted salsas also. I need to expand my recipe book

What should I cook?

Here is my list-
Brisket
Perfect my Salsa Recipe
Desserts??
Pineapple upside down cake and maybe some others
Bread/rolls

any ideas?

Comments

• EggerFromIowa
    Options
    Here's a few you should try (if you haven't already) Pizza, chicken wings and ABTs.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Just put a brisket on the egg for dinner tonight :) I can not wait and hoping it is as great as the last one.
    cornbread is good. and can be a challenge. love any baked goods on the egg. trick there is to have the egg as clean as you can ;)
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Your list is pretty good. Most everyone could stand practice with brisket. And baked goods come out very nicely from the Egg.

Ever tried pastrami? Thirdeye has a good method at his site. It does take a couple of days soaking the corned beef to reduce the saltiness.

For your own consumption, spatchcock'd cornish hen. Or, to get practice rendering lots of fat, a duck.

Make a whole bunch of fatties, using different sausages and stuffings. See what works best. You are likely to have lots of nice leftover when the family returns, and you can bury the failures. Or at least have a chance to clean up the mess if one pops open, and the cheese and filling get all over the Egg.

Fish. Planked salmon. Stuffed mackerel. Fresh sardines or smelt.

Marinated mushrooms, always nice, and good for when the vegetarians are around.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Try making some Quesadilas out of some leftovers, you can use most anything. Platesetter legs down, 400-450 dome, easy peasy and fun :)