Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just scored the deal of the year!!!

Madhatter
Madhatter Posts: 139
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking at the newspaper a couple days ago, there was an ad for a big online auction that was being held by all the advertisers of the paper. There must have been three hundred diferent items everything from a spray in bed liner to 10 tanning sessions to a weekend for two at the Oregon coast. As I was scanning the three magical words jumped out at me "Big Green Egg" being offerd by a hardware store with a stated value of $799. I went to the web site and checked it out for details, they were pretty few. Just a picture of what appered to be a medeum egg in a nest with eggmates. (It was just a stock pic from the bge website). The auction was to close in 2 hours so the reserves were uncoverd $399.50. I figured I would take a chance and placed a bid at the reserve price and won the auction. I then got an email from the auction site and said I had to pay them with my credit card, I wasen't too sure about this, I thought
I would pay when I picked it up. So this morning I went to said hardware store with a printed email in hand and showed it to the young lady at the counter. "I won the auction, I'm here to pick up my green egg" this was met with a look of total confusion and a reply of "What?" Great I thought....but just then another clerk who overheard me said "Oh yeah, I've got it in the back I'll be right out with it...." Cool...a couple minuts later he comes out with a brand spankin' new LARGE egg on a cart!!! I was more than pleased!! I figured I would just have to buy a nest for it or build a table. We loaded into the van then he tells me "I have the thing with the wheels and those wing things for the side on order, I'll call you as soon as they come in, should only be a few days" I felt like a little kid all giddy with excitement. LARGE Egg, nest and Eggmates, out the door for $399.50!!!! Now I can cook me some chicky while I got that low and slow going in the other one, I'm one happy camper!!!

Comments