Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stand to hold spare grills

Zyme
Zyme Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,
I have this idea for a rack to hold my grills. It would have hooks inside the frame to hang them from, some hooks off the cross bar to hold my grilling tools, and a couple of routed out spots on the top to hold my beer! I'm no master craftsman like so many of you but I can make this look nice by sinking the screws and treating it with a nice stain and some tung oil.
So what do you think? Would this be stable? Any ideas for extra functionality? Thanks! I'm looking forward to working on this.
grill-stand.jpg

Comments

• Nice idea! How about a place to set the Platesetter? That is something I really really really need. I just plunk it on the ground/concrete when I need to move it off, and I am scared it will break one of these days.

It should have a nice wide stance to be stable, you dont want it to flop over.

One thing to think about - - when you have your grills out in the open - what are you going to do to keep critters away from it? You know the grills smell so good to a lot of humans and animals!

(hmmm. an easy way to get them grills cleaned? Nevermind) :laugh: :laugh:
  • DanB
    DanB Posts: 44
    A couple nails in the side of the deck rail hold my extra grates when I'm not using them. My wife calls it deck art.

- dan
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
  • Zyme
    Hmmm. good idea. how to hold the platesetter... I'll think of something and refine this.
    Thanks!
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Hi Friend:

Well, I think you're a friend, though you never responded to my email about being a fellow San Diegan.

That grid and tool holder looks like a great idea, and my only concern would be about it tipping over if it is really narrow and has heavy stuff hanging on it high up on top.

What do you think?
    Judy in San Diego
  • Zyme
    Hi Judy,
    Im sorry I never responded--I thought I had! Very glad to know there are other local eggers, for sure, and I've really liked your posts. I love living in a place that's great for being outside 12 months of the year.

Yeah, I share your concern about it tipping. I might shorten the height so the grills just fit in without being too top heavy. Was also going to add some small blocks at the bottom so once hung in, they wouldn't swing against each other like a windchime!! :lol:

I'll post an updated sketch shortly. I'll also refine the scale for the dimensions of the wood pieces. Stay Tuned!
  • OMG Eggs
    OMG Eggs Posts: 118
    Hooks in the side of my garage wall for me. Definitly not as impressive.
  • Zyme
    Here's the revision 2 diagram! Now drawn to scale for the individual pieces and made a little more stable. Thanks for the input!

rev2diagram.jpg