Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bacon Wrapped Sirloin Filets

CrimsonEggCrimsonEgg Posts: 21
edited 12:52PM in EggHead Forum
Not the greatest quality cuts, but picked up on the fly by the wife. A little EVOO, salt and pepper.

IMG_3321.jpg

Gettin' happy.

IMG_3322.jpg

Ready to sear.

IMG_3324.jpg

Ready to plate.

IMG_3325.jpg

Ready to eat.

IMG_3326.jpg

Finished with green beans and smashed taters.

IMG_3327.jpg

Comments

• SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    Doesn't look too bad to me... as a matter of fact looks great!
  • Yeah - them steaks made my mouth water. How did you fasten the bacon around the filets? Every time I do this, the bacon falls off. Sounds like a dumb thing. I use butcher's string to tie around the circumference. Would toothpicks be better????
  • CrimsonEggCrimsonEgg Posts: 21
    Hey, thanks! I've always just used toothpicks. They've always worked really well. I think the key is in how you turn them. Just be careful not to pull the bacon with your tongs. Sometimes I even flip them with a spatula to avoid pulling the bacon off the sides.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Nice colour on the steak
    Great meal :)

Shane
  • ron4fishron4fish Posts: 144
    Those look fantastic!!
  • RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    Wow that looks good!
  • how long did you cook them at 500 on each side...they look great

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• how long did you cook them at 500 on each side...they look great

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• CrimsonEggCrimsonEgg Posts: 21
    I just seared them for a couple of minutes per side at 500. Then shut down the egg and went for about another 5 minutes per side. Kept an eye on their temp and pulled them at 140.