Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DizzyDusted,Pecan Crusted, Buttermilk Thighs

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 1:15AM in EggHead Forum
Soaked boneless, skinless thighs for 24 hours in Coarse Dizzy Dust seasoned buttermilk. Gave a light shake of Kosher salt and coarse ground pepper before coating in fresh ground pecans. Nice flavor, especially left over today for lunch. Did the Acorn squash in the oven with S&P, butter and apricot preserves. Not the usual fare at Casa de Ranger, but there was some 1000 Island. ;)
It's hot and dry in San Antonio.
Mike

pecanchicken001.jpg

pecanchicken002.jpg

pecanchicken006.jpg

pecanchicken007.jpg

pecanchicken010.jpg
·

Comments

• Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Looks mighty tasty!
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,423
    Oh, geez! there is a reason why this stuff is call food pr0n.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,469
    Wow! That is simply a gorgeous looking meal.
    Drool Drool!

:cheer: :cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    very cool. neat idea!
    context is important :)
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,684
    You must be buying your pecans in bulk. First on bacon and now chicken. That looks really good.

Spring "Full Flavored" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • crunkcrunk Posts: 94
    Im pretty sure that I am going to have to try and reproduce that this week.....Looks amazing!!!

Crunk
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Was :laugh:
    ·
    Thanks, John. Buttermilk is our friend!
    ·
    I'm on the last bag of pecans put up by my Dad before he passed. Sad part is that I lost several bags last year when the freezer door was left ajar and they got submerged in chicken blood. :(

How you doing, Bud?
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Mike that looks good man.
    Anything special to keep the pecans on?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Buttermilk, My Boy, Buttermilk. ;) It's thick and white and normally found in the dairy case. :woohoo:

LR
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,382
    Ah heck, that looks real good Mike!
    Butter and preserves you say...hmmmm..got my wheels turning. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Mike, you have been elected to cook some of them at the next Egghaed gathering!!!
    :woohoo:
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Wow. Nice twist on chicken
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Kew_el_steveKew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Was hot and dry here in the FL Panhandle too. No rain to speak of for close to 3 months. Now the weather seems to be breaking to the summer pattern. Rained two days in a row. B)
    ·
  • huevo locohuevo loco Posts: 22
    Those look great!
    ·