Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Turkey Breast...suggestions

Options
David
David Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have any suggestions for a whole turkey breast on the egg?

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    David,[p]Rub with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Place breast in a v-rack or grill over a drip pan.[p]Cook @ 325 to 350 for about 25/lb to an internal of at least 165. I like mine to go to about 170.[p]They are great and any left overs make great turkey sandwiches.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    turkeybreast.jpg
    <p />Jethro,[p]Like this. I use to have a great turkey tetrazinni (sp) recipe.
    I wonder if the Recipe Gods will help me out.[p]CWM

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]That looks like it to me. Good stuff we just did one for Easter.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• WallyQ
    WallyQ Posts: 10
    Options
    David,
    Egged a fantastic Turkey breast last Sunday.
    First - Brined 20 hours in 3/4 cup salt, 2/3 cup sugar, small can of pineapple juice, a good long pour of orange juice, & around 10 oz. of soy sauce. Thoroughly rinsed after brining.
    Second - Injected with Teriyaki & Honey sauce - store bought. Put in fridge around 6 hours.
    Third - Egged 3 hours, 325 degrees, apple wood, 180 finished temp.
    Last - Still eating fantastic turkey sandwiches. Family said the best I've done. [p][p]

• David
    David Posts: 97
    Options
    Jethro,[p]Thanks to all for suggestions!!![p]David