Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your favorite dizzy pig rub with ribs?

Options
Wino
Wino Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Unusually I make up a batch of Memphis rib rub for doing babyback ribs, will have no time this weekend. Have a wide selection of Dizzy Pig Rubs. What is your favorite with ribs? Looking forward to a Dizzy weekend. Thanks Chris for a great product. Will also get a chance to try wicked good charcoal for the first time. Cannot wait to see how it does. Again thanks to Mark Backer for the WG.
Wino

Comments

• The Virginian
    Options
    Wino,
    The classic dizzy dust does very well with ribs. For something a little more fiery I like the Swamp Venom. Very tasty. [p]Brett

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Wino,
    for a sweeter taste, i like to rub mine heavily with raging river, then slather them with thick applesauce or apple butter. ....the ribs then create their own sauce. . .kinda different, but we like it. ..

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Wino,[p]Try a medium coating of raging river on the babybacks and finish off with a light brushing of sauce..... the rr works great with pork and it really shines on ribs.[p]John

• Fisheyes
    Fisheyes Posts: 40
    Options
    Wino,
    I use a mixture of Swamp Venom and Dizzy Dust. It is the perfect combo. Go a little heavier with the Swamp Venom, though. It will give it that extra little kick.[p]If you don't mind a little sweat on your brow, go straight up with swamp venom. It is great stuff.[p]Brad