Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the heck with the heat

Options
outrageous
outrageous Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
was worried about cooking in the heat this past sat... the heck with it....

7 pm

2011-06-06_18-53-34_990.jpg

cooked two twins on the large

2011-06-06_18-48-13_875.jpg

scallop potatoes with cheese in the oven... yes, i know i get one less point...for using the oven.... just wanted to make sure it worked..

bring us some rain in south ga.... we certainly need it.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    The chicken looks good!! weve been in the high 90's here to, way early for that hot, might be a long summer!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice lookin birds! No points deducted for using the oven. Two large chickens spatchied pretty much takes up the real estate on the large.

Wait a minute! I just noticed by your profile pic you have 2 eggs and an adjustable rig. 2 points deducted :P.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Chickys look'n good.

Tell us the story about the bent grid! :whistle: :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    looks that way.... it is regular grid on top of the adjustable one... may be bent... sometimes i look sideways at things.. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    For what it's worth my egg runs a little warmer in the back so I line them up legs out and spin the grid once during cooking, helps the legs get warmer while the breasts get up to 160.

Doug
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    It was 99º here yesterday and calling for it again today. Had to see if the a/c still spins :P
  • huevo loco
    huevo loco Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm planning to cook outside a lot this summer in Dallas. Hoping it will keep my kitchen cooler inside.