Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our Forum

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am just sitting here at work and it was quiet so I zipped around to some of the other BBQ forums.. Lots of them out there and I am sure if I posted and got involved they would appeal more to me.. But we are so freaking lucky to have this place. I love being at a fest or demo and having people ask about the egg and knowing I can say "We have the very best forum, you can go there and get an idea of what this is all bout. and there are 100's to answer any questions at any given time... no matter how many times it is asked" All because we love our eggs and this place. many new people think that there are groups or clicks and I suppose that there are... but after so many years and so many fests you get to have many friends from all over.
i have hundreds of bookmarked blogs, cooking sites and recipe places and my very first go to is here and the people I call friends.
SO thank you to the powers that Be that have made this available to us and the moderators that keep us in line and all those in the background that keep it running. there is mild panic world wide if it is down for more than few minutes :woohoo: There not another place I would rather be!

Comments

• SheepDog
    SheepDog Posts: 176
    Mainegg I haven't been around long, but I do frequent a few other fourms... fly fishing, paintball, backpacking etc. I must say this forum is without a doubt the friendliest I visit. No bickering about the best make or model of XYZ, we all agree the BGE! No being hounded for asking a simple question that may or may not have been asked a hundred times. From the newbies, thanks to the old timers for making this such a great forum!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Julie:

AMEN to that!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Well said Jules.

Here is to the Big Green Egg forum. ;)
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Oh god yes, what a great community. As some know we've been re-modeling our house and I haven't been able to egg. I've been checking this forum daily to stay connected to this love of cooking I've learned since getting the egg.

Also, during this time I've worked to lose some weight. Now that the construction is done I want to learn what I can grill that fits with a lighter menu. This forum is FULL of great ideas and recipes to help with this.

I love this place! Hopefully at some point I'll even contribute a little. :lol:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    well said julie!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    more like a curse, or getting hooked on crack cocaine :ermm: :whistle: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Very well said :)
    I am coming up on my first year, and I have enjoyed my time here so much. I have learned tons and had some amazing food with the help of everyone here.
    I haven't been able to get here as often lately and I really miss it. But, the extra job keeps the Egg fed :laugh: :laugh:

Shane
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Nice post Jules. I have learned alot here, and have met some good folks in person as a result of it.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Julie,

forget the cyber hooking and hit the streets "Old School" ;)

and to think I could have gone my whole life without the crab dip. :P

Can't wait to see you in November
  • Mainegg
    It is a good bunch Sheepdog :)
  • Mainegg
    Jay, Tim, Bente, and everyone else, it is sharing with you guys that makes this such a great place!!
  • Mainegg
    All except you Adam, troublesome kids! :angry: :P B)
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    I am a member of one other bbq forum but had dropped off of the rest I used to frequent. One of my favorite things is meeting other forum members in person at Eggfests, contests, or just passing through town. Some of the best people you can find!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Nice post Julie, what a great place, and thank you for saying it!!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Amen! I miss my family and my Eggs. :(
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Julie you nailed it girl ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Good post and very true. This is the best forum I participate on. Everyone is very helpful and willing to share their experiences with the BGE.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • crunk
    crunk Posts: 94
    I couldnt agree more! I have only been an egger and on this forum for about 6 weeks but you guys have helped me become 100x better griller than before I joined this forum. Im sure I have posted so pretty silly questions and not once has anyone responded with anything negative. All helpful and sincere answers!! Thanks a lot!!

Crunk
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Well said. Coming up on 1 year of Egging and the ride so far has been great. Great people, great advice, and great friendships.

And I have not seen another forum that has its own in house "Hooker" :whistle::whistle:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    To rephrase a Snoopy saying, "Eggers accept egger for what they are".
    I belong to another forum where one person is always posting to correct punctuation, spelling and grammar of other posters....never seen that on this forum.. :laugh: ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mainegg
    HA HA it would be on almost all of my posts if there were LOL thank goodness for spell check. but no, it is about cooking and friends and family here. it is a really good group of people. if you ever want to see how good your translating skills are search for stump baby in the search box :) some of the BEST and funniest reading on here :)
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Great post Julia! And very well put.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    I couldn't agree more!! I have been a very active part of another forum for some time. It is a good forum, but with a lot less posting. Thats kind of nice in some ways and I will miss it. Yes... miss it. I have just recently decided to toss in the towel.

There are a few Eggheads on that forum too and we have answered folks questions about the egg with what I feel has been fair and accurate responses which have been rebuked with nonsense, inaccuracies, and mild insults.

I have been getting my feet wet over here since August of last year. I suppose it is past time for me to jump in the pool. :)

We are all fortunate to have such a great forum!!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Thanks for reminding us, Julie, how lucky we are to have found this forum. Visiting here has become a great hobby of mine.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    I couldn't agree with you more. I just spoke to a vendor(new to my business)from Vermont.When he found out I was in Alabama he said "at least you know about BBQ because the places up here think that BBQ is cooking the meat in a pot first and thowing the meat on the fire afterwards then soak the meat in sauce". I said I guess you haven't met an Egger up your way,look on our forum and you'll be amazed at the Eggworld and what you can learn and find from some amazing folks. Thanks for your thoughts.Randy
  • Mainegg
    Lots of Us Eggers up this way :) WWS is in VT and could show him the ropes I am sure! and he should check out the NH egg fest in two weeks. there will be about 400 plus eggers there if it goes like usual!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    It has its moments. :whistle:
  • huevo loco
    huevo loco Posts: 22
    I read the forum for weeks before I got my egg. I learned a ton and felt like I was ready to jump in and start cooking as soon as it arrived.

I totally agree about the forum!

Thanks all. :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Julie, this is my favorite BGE forum. I am going to be right behind 'Rob' (D'Amico) and 'plethtcheruhl' and be member number three

BigGreenEggForum2
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante