Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a "Knock their socks off ribeye steak" recipe

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I personally am a purist when it comes to steaks and prefer T-Rexed steaks and only use a mist of olive oil dusted with kosker salt I'm looking for a recipe or two or three for ribeyes. Something more complex. Any ideas out there in eggland? Either on the board or via email is fine. Thanks!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    RRP, how thick will these be? If they are less than 1 1/2 inches, I quit doing em Trexed and use a raised grid and a temp of about 550. As for what to put on em the Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express is very good.

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Options
    RRP,
    Thy this one........it is very good. I still use the Doc Chicken aging on all ribeyes. You don't have to TRex them as they will fall apart. It is by far my favorite way to do steaks. I use saran wrap and have begun using my foodsaver instead of the towel method. Sprinter's recipe with hot infused oil is wonderful.......bigarms[p]

[ul][li]Sprinter's aged and marinated Tuscan ribeyes[/ul]
  • Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    RRP,Rub them in clarified butter and sear. And add oak and peach or citrus chips once the temp stablizes.

• GG
    GG Posts: 3
    Options
    RRP,[p]
    Dizzy Pig Cowlick. Great alterative to salt and oil.[p]Gil

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    RRP,[p]Slice then, pound flat, wrap around a sprig of asparagus - add a mild cheese if you like - bake indirect until meat is done to your liking.[p]Makes delicious appetizers or finger food for parties.[p]Just something a bit different . . .[p]TRex
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    RRP,
    i first tried this with sirlion,it was real good. ive since done them with a rib eye and they were the best teryaki steaks ive ever eaten

[ul][li]terryaki steaks[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    bigarms,[p]I still do steaks like this on a regular basis, its a family and friend favorite. I've tried different cuts of steak as well, strips work OK but I still like the thick ribeyes best.[p]Doc Chickens marinade is great, he and I discussed this at length years ago on this forum. I still think/know that the olive oil does something to the steaks that really enhances them. Others have had some disagreements with us but I'm a firm believer in it.[p]Dry aging is also a big part of this, it concentrates the meat flavor. The longer I've aged them the better. I like the DRY aging, not vaccum packed. I like to get as much moisture out of the meat as I can, the oil adds it back during the cook. I DO marinade/rub my steaks, vaccum pack them then freeze them with the rubs on. Seems to make a difference in getting the flavor all the way through the meat.[p]Troy[p]Troy
  • RRP,[p]I sent you some information on cooking a great competition steak and hope it helps. [p]Dave

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]I wouldn't mind seeing that if you wouldn't mind, Old Dave. I love finding different great ways to cook steak. [p]Man, do I love this place and the pics that get posted. That pan T-Rexed stuff looked amazing.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    P10100132.jpg
    <p />RRP,[p]The Wife and I love "Tuscan Strips" ![p]Done with Fresh Rosemary, Meyer Lemmons, and GOOD Extra Virgin Olive Oil.[p]Chubbissimo
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Nice photography!